Review: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation NC42

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I've been collecting foundation samples recently, (so be prepared to see a few reviews come your way). One good thing about MAC stores is that they usually give you a decent sized sample to take home and try. I think foundation samples are the best way to know what's in the market and find out which brand, formula and shade works best for your skin. Especially in the UK, since we aren't allowed to return opened products and then lose out on our hard earned money, so I recommend we make use of this helpful service whenever we can. If you're interested in a certain foundation ask for a sample, not all counters provide this so do inquire first. 


I watch a decent amount of YouTube videos and most of the people that I watch are of indian/asian ethnicity and also Latino ethnicity too, mainly because our skin has that yellow olive undertone which has proven to be rather difficult to cater to. One of the gurus raved about MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation in NC42 so I decided to look into it.

I got a sample of NC40 as well as NC42, after trying NC40 I found that it wasn't quite right on me and the NC42 was much more yellower than the NC40. 


 After a good few sessions of playing around I don't think I'm too keen on the Pro Longwear Foundation, I'm not sure whether I'm applying it wrong but I find it to be too thick and unsuitable for my dehydrated dry skin. I find it odd that even after a while it starts to look a little greasy in my T-zone. I find that the foundation makes my pores look larger than normal and also makes any uneven skin texture look even more prominent, and I really hate that. It also feels a bit tacky and powders stick to it in a weird manner. The colour is also quite a strong yellow and I look like the sun :D. It's an excellent amount of yellow, don't get me wrong and it would certainly brighten up sallow complexions but it's abit too jaundic-y for me. It looks very obvious on me and I don't like that.


I would say it's some where between a light/medium to medium coverage foundation. With one layer I still notice my  scars are still visible. I have tried various techniques and tools to try and make it work but I just can't seem to get it right. From brushes to sponges to mixing it with moisturiser or oil, I'm just not falling for it. Others have raved about it but I can't seem to get along with the pro Longwear foundation. What I can say is that it is definitely long lasting, you can tell it sets quickly as you work it in so you need to apply it fast and in small sections. In my opinion I don't think sponges work well with this foundation, I think you would need a good buffing brush to work it in. 


I haven't gotten along with this foundation unfortunately. If you have any suggestions or tips please do write them in the comments below. Peace! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe