MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation NC40 NC42 REVIEW

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

As I mentioned in my previous post I've been collecting a few foundation samples in the search for my Holy Grail foundation. Mineralize Moisture was a replacement for MAC's Mineralize Satin Finish foundation. I am a fan of MAC Foundations so I was excited to try their most recent launch. Like the newer types of foundations being released these days, this one is dewy, skin like, gives coverage, yet is lightweight on the skin. It doesn't have the glitter/shimmer that the previous Mineralize had. Some may be pleased with this and some may not, I personally don't mind. It's lighter and runnier in texture than the previous one too. I do recall the previous Mineralize in NC40 looked very nice on my skin.  



One thing that I did notice with this foundation, is that what ever the shade in the NC range, they are all quite peachy toned. Now I know that peachy tones are illuminating for the complexion but I just really like my yellow undertone, they blend better into my skin and there are no tell tale lines of where the foundation starts or how different my neck is to my face.



Here's the swatch of NC40:

I got the shades NC40 and NC42, there is an accurate jump of 2 shades between these 2 shades, but because of its peachy undertones I can't quite determine which of the 2 shades I prefer, I used up the NC42 mixing it with my MAC Face and Body in C3. The NC40 on its own was better but again the lack of yellow was not appealing to me. I didn't get to swatch NC42 unfortunately.

I use my damp beauty blender to apply (of course), it sinks seamlessly and gives off a very luminous and radiant look to the skin. Upon application I knew this would be excellent for those with dry skin, it's moisturising and dewy and really perks up my skin. It gives medium coverage quite easily and builds up nicely. My acne marks were nicely concealed and my skintone looked really even. This looks really really nice on the skin, it's really luminous, dewy and flawless. I set with powder in my t zone only where I'm prone to some oil.

People with normal or oily skin might want to consider powdering because this can be quite greasy looking for anyone who doesn't have dry dull skin, even for myself and I have combination - dry skin. Because of its dewy nature this does transfer so again setting is most probably necessary. I found that it lasted longer than I expexted considering how dewy the foundation is, around 4 hours for me and I didn't set it with powder all over my face. I find that this oxidises which I don't really like. 

This is a really good foundation but it's not a Holy Grail for me because of its peach undertones and intensely moisturising and dewy nature, I personally don't require that much moisture. In comparison to the YSL Touche Eclat, it's a similar concept, dewy, coverage and lightweight but I would say Mineralize Moisture is a bit thicker in consistensy and much more emollient than the YSL Touche Eclat. But regardless of my personal distaste I still recommend this foundation to people with dry full skin, it is very good addition to their range, well done MAC! Hope this was helpful.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe