YSL All-In-One Glow Foundation SPF23 in BD50

Thursday, October 01, 2020

Hello guys! I'll be talking about the Touchè Eclat All-In-One-Glow Foundation today. This is known as the All-In-One Glow Tinted Moisturiser in the USA and I’d say it's exactly that; a tinted moisturiser. I had first tried this in store and it seemed nice enough (under store lighting) for me to want to try it out some more. I found this deluxe 15ml sample on eBay, it’s half of a full size bottle so I’ve been getting tons of playtime with it.


Now how do I feel about it?
The first thing I have to say is I have very mixed feelings towards it, very love/hate and probably gearing more towards hate. I've watched and read a lot of reviews and every single one of them have amazing things to say about this but I just don't feel the same, people absolutely adore this product but I can't seem to understand why. From the many many trials I’ve had with it, I've gotten to know the formula quite well so I‘ve found ways to make it work for me.

The original foundation comes as a plastic tube with a pump, similar to the Becca Skin Love Foundation, I quite like this type of packaging and this one in particular looks lush. I should also mention this has a distinct perfume scent like their other foundations. This also has an spf of 23 so it’s a nice top up to use on your regular sunscreen but obviously not enough to use on its own.

To be perfectly honest there are things that I adore and appreciate about the formula but many things that I dislike. I should mention that the dislikes are probably  because of my own skin issues. I feel this formula is ideal for people with good skin and good skin texture. I’ve been using a new retinol serum on my skin recently so I’ve had a lot going on with it, purging, breakouts, flaking and much more. It’s a lot better at the moment but I feel this formula highlights and exaggerates any issues and makes me feel even more negative about my skin. This was the case even prior to starting the retinol and I’ve realised I’ll intentionally avoid reaching for the All In One Glow because I have other bases that look and work better with my skin issues.

Shade
I was matched to the shade BD50, as you can see it's a super golden shade. This is surprisingly a great match for my skintone, it looks quite rich and golden in the tube and in the swatch but once blended into the skin it lightens and sheers out and matches me really well.

Top-Bottom: Dior Face & Body 3WO, YSL All-In-One Glow BD50, Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli
However I have noticed that this oxidises into a pinkish beigey tone. When I first buff it into the skin the colour is perfect but after about 5-10 minutes it gives my skin a weird dullish tinge. I also had this problem with the original YSL Touche Eclat foundation (review), it takes away from my skins natural colouring and glow and makes me look kinda dull. It's a little hard to explain, but this is probably another reason why I've never been sure of this base.


Texture
The formula is also very unusual, it has a wet gel texture that doesn't roll down your hand but it's not a dense or heavy formula at all. 


If you've read the description, this apparently has 70% water content. When you start to blend it in you'll notice it separates in the swatch and it looks like it’s curdled and water droplets start to appear.


It's a strange consistency because the formula doesn't seem to want to emulsify. I really struggled to blend this in at the beginning, I'd tried all types of tools and application methods but the formula just didn't want to absorb or settle, it kept slipping and sliding around and appearing patchy. 


After watching some more videos and reviews, one reviewer mentioned sponges were a no no with this formula (I agree) and that it needed to be blended in really well and for a long time. 


The quickest and easiest method that I’ve found to work with this formula is that you have to mix and blend the product on the back of your hand with the brush first and then apply to the skin. The reason behind is that the pigment is almost separate to the water in this formula, you have to break the pigment down and then combine it with the water for the two to become one, otherwise if you apply the product straight to face you’ll be blending for much longer. Trust me that’s how I did it for almost 5 months. (Until I had a lightbulb moment whilst using the Chanel Water Tint which works similarly). 

With regards to the ideal skin type for this formula, I think this is perfect for young or blemish free skin, this will look absolutely gorgeous on a smooth poreless skin texture. I also think people with dry skin will really love the hydration and luminosity this provides. It's a lovely formula but it just doesn't look great on my texture or pores so if you have both you may want to be wary of this. 

Finish
This gives the skin a radiant, luminous, dewy, almost wet finish to the skin, probably the only thing I absolutely admire and love about the formula. The description says it's shine free but I can tell you it's anything but that. It looks lovely and fresh on my skin but only on the healthy smooth parts. I love using this on the central high points of my face like how I would use the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter and this works well for me.


I don't find this formula very smoothing or pore filling though so I avoid my pores and texture, I find this also can sit around flakes. Using a smoothing/pore filling primer definitely helps smoothen the finish a bit more but I find this formula can be unflattering and cakey sometimes tbh. This is visible in the above picture, as you can see the blended out swatch looks very grainy and dry and this is how it will look on the skin if you have texture or dryness.

Feel
This generally is a very lightweight formula but the emollience makes it feel heavy on my skin. This is an immensely tacky and wet formula mainly because of its dewy nature and because the formula never actually sets. I can feel it on my skin, to the point that my hair actually sticks to my face if I don't set it. It doesn’t sink in to the skin and just sits on top.

Coverage
This provides no more than medium coverage. In fact I only like using a small pea sized amount for my face and this gives me a light coverage. I find I can’t build any coverage because it’s so slippy slidey on the skin and becomes very streaky with too much product.

Longevity
I find this formula has very poor longevity. It just sits on top of my skin, it doesn’t absorb nor does it set and literally will slide around everywhere if not set with a powder. If you touch your face it will leave an imprint on the skin and it most definitely transfers with or without powder.


Overall Thoughts
I’ve done everything under the sun to try and appreciate this base to the fullest and to understand why people have left such glowing reviews but I honestly don’t get it! It may just be my skin. The only way I’ve managed to make it work is to apply the tiniest amount on the healthier smoother parts of my skin and blend blend blend. Unfortunately it just doesn’t last on me at all so ultimately I don’t really reach for this base much as I have others like my Dior Face & Body (review) and my Becca Skin Love (review) that work with my skin issues and enhance it too. If you’ve tried this base and got it to work for you, let me know in the comments below and share your suggestions. It’s actually taken me the whole of lockdown and longer to complete this post. My bloggers block is awful and I sometimes struggle to balance life and blogging together. Sorry folks! Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed this review.

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Nice post for face Glow
    I made a post regarding secret Korean method for glowing skin you can check on my blog
    health and beauty tips blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    Laser Hair Removal Co-Op City Bronx, NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a great article! At Deluxe Brows® we offer a variety of permanent makeup procedures to suit the needs of all clients. We have meticulously developed techniques and products to ensure flawless beautiful work. That is the Deluxe Brows® permanent makeup guarantee!

    Microblading Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. CV BAHAGIA SUKSES MAKMUR adalah Perusahaan yang berpengalaman dan Profesional dibidang ini. Kami menerima jasa pembuatan di seluruh indonesia.

    1. Pembuatan Videotron Mall
    2. Pembuatan Videotron Perusahaan
    3. Pembuatan Videotron Rumah Sakit
    4. Pembuatan Videotron Jalan Raya
    5. Pembuatan Videotron Pemerintah Kota

    Kami akan menjamin kepuasan anda dengan Pelayanan terbaik kami, Hubungi Kami sekarang juga
    Office: Ruko Cendana Raya no 15a Bencongan Indah, Karawaci Tangerang
    No. HP : 081112520818/085280647743

    https://pembuatanvideotrontangerang.blogspot.com/
    https://jasavideotron.wordpress.com
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/videotron-tangerang-928704219/
    https://www.facebook.com/Pembuatanvideotrontangerang-100715498990766
    https://twitter.com/Videotrontgr
    https://www.instagram.com/videotrontgr/
    https://id.pinterest.com/videotront
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJEHuh69yE_XdwDh74jaGjg
    https://www.kaskus.co.id/@jasakontruksi25
    https://videotrontangerang.medium.com/

    #VideotronMurah #PembuatanVideotron #VideotronMall #VideotronOutdoor

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your wedding day if you want Best bridal look then we have the best service of bridal makeup . we provide various type of bridal makeup package for you wedding to enhance your bridal look We are the best bridal makeup in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing the information Newalltips is kind of Health, Food, BEAUTY & FASHION, Digital Marketing, SEO, informative website. Get all kinds of tips and latest healthy food beauty & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Party Makeup
    / Party Looks & Hairstyles

    Get Signature Party Makeup , Stunning Makeup & Gorgeous Hairstyles By Zara Asian Party Makeup Artist London

    ReplyDelete
  8. Party Makeup | Party Looks & Hairstyles Get Signature Party Makeup, Stunning Looks & Gorgeous Hairstyles by The Zara, The Asian Party Makeup Artist in London

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asian Bridal Looks / Real Brides
    By Professional Asian Bridal Makeup Artist London

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Detailed Blog
    Try Reaching Out To Us Rhinoplasty in islamabad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I was looking for this topic and I am really grateful that I found this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your all reviews for makeup are amazing and helpfull for me thanks for sharing this glow foundation is best for lazy women like me :P snail skin care products online in pakistan
    men eye cream online in pakistan
    men skincare products online in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking for this topic and I am really grateful that I found this. Try Reaching Out To Us Liposuction In Islamabad

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe