Becca Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundation Review

Saturday, March 28, 2020

I'm actually so excited to finally review this foundation. You know that feeling when you're so in love with a particular product and you're dying to share it with the world? Well this is the Becca Skin Love foundation for me right now.

I can't remember where I came across this foundation first but it was during the summer of 2019. After watching several videos and doing some research I knew I had to have this glowy base. Luckily I found the Becca Skin Love for dead cheap on eBay and managed to buy 3 shades for just under the price of one. Yes it's a bit excessive but it was a bargain! Nikki Makeup on Instagram uses several shades of foundation on her clients/models faces if they have an uneven skin tone. This technique works really well for me too but obviously it's a very pricey technique since you'll have to buy more than one bottle.
Website Description
What it is and what I love


- Comes in an easy to use plastic airless pump tube. Pretty holographic printing and a window to see the shade and contents within. Lightweight and very convenient to travel with. (Since it's an airless pump you may have to press quite a few times to bring the product up the first time.)


- 35ml for £32

- Has a slight fragrance.

- 24 shades with a good variety of tones.

Dior Face & Body 3WO, Becca Skin Love Driftwood, Olive and Bamboo.
Driftwood and Olive are quite similar but as you can see Olive has more olive tones in it similar to the 3WO
- I have the shades Driftwood (Cool medium beige with neutral undertones), Olive (Warm medium beige with golden/olive undertones) and Bamboo (Golden beige with yellow undertones).


I first bought the shade Driftwood during the 'good skin phase' I had last year and it matched me perfectly (the centre of my face is quite pale especially if I've been consistent with my sunscreen and skincare) but it was slightly too pale for my forehead so I bought the shade Olive which has lovely olive tones in it. I took Olive with me on holiday since I knew I'd be catching a tan and it's been my most used shade. When I came back from my holiday I bought the shade Bamboo to match my super tanned forehead. I mix and match all of them to suit my needs. Like I said earlier it's obviously a very expensive technique and I probably wouldn't have done this if it were full price. A bit of bronzer across the forehead does the job for me.

- Texture is thick and creamy but super lightweight on the skin, you can't feel it. Has a setting factor and there's no tackiness.

- I like using a brush but a sponge would work well too, I've noticed fingers work really well as well but I prefer not to get them dirty. Blends easily but since it's quite thick, a denser brush would work better than a fluffy one.


- I use 4 little dots for everyday use. A little goes a long way as you can see in the gif below! Provides instant medium yet build-able coverage. Skin tone is evened out, if you have any prominent blemishes you may have to layer or spot conceal, but I personally find this provides a LOT of coverage.


- A proper satin finish on my skin type, has a glowy, radiant finish and makes my skin look very healthy and hydrated. It's almost erring on semi-matte but as my oils start to come out it looks more and more satin-ey.

- Forms a second skin-like layer over the skin, fills in and blurs pores, smoothens and plumps up the skin, it's delicious! Formula is similar to Urban Decay One & Done (review), IT Cosmetics CC Cream, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (review), Clinique Beyond Perfecting (review) etc. But this one's my favourite for sure as it's more lightweight.

- Doesn't oxidise but sets to a slightly muted tone. I personally find this lasts a long time on me, I can touch my face even without setting and it won't transfer onto my palms. Without setting I get slightly dewy in 6 hours. Definitely set if you want it to last longer. 

The Negatives

- I find this particular formula works better on a smoother skin type, if you have any dry flakes make sure you exfoliate and prep your skin well before using or it might pick up on texture.

- Even though this can be glowy and hydrating, I do find this works better on combination normal skin, people with dry skin may find this quite thick and matte. Oily people might find this gets quite radiant on them. 

-It's a natural finish but not completely invisible or undetectable.

I've used this foundation so much and really love what it does for me. It makes my skin look healthy, radiant, smooth, poreless and plump which is why I'm happy to own several shades for the different areas of my face. I've tried many other similar formulas to this but the shades have always been a let down so I'm happy I finally get to enjoy this formula with an equally great shade match...or several should I say in my case! Definitely give this a go if you're after plump poreless skin.

Hope you enjoyed this review. Stay safe. xxx

Have you read my last post? Glossier Skin Tint, Stretch Concealer, Cloud Paint Review


















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe