Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip Swatches and Review

Tuesday, April 07, 2020


I very rarely wear liquid lipsticks these days, it's all about hydrating, balmy formulas for me currently and I think a lot of people are on the same page. However if I fancy a matte lip, there's one formula that I reach for the most in my collection and that’s the Ultra Blotted Lip from Colourpop. I adore these liquid lipsticks, so much so that if anyone told me to get rid of all other liquid lipstick formulas in my collection and to keep just these ones I would happily do so.


I never knew how perfect these were for me until I first tried it on, I felt a zen like peace come over me when I realised how perfect the formula and finish was... haha dramatic but it's true! Sheer, smooth, soft focus powder matte finish, that provided the PERFECT tint of colour and coverage for my uneven hyper-pigmented lips and felt feather light and comfortable. It was exactly what I've always been looking for in a matte lip. I think the fact that when using a traditional liquid lipstick, I always -without fail- wipe off the excess back into the tube before applying, says a lot on its own! Anyway enough rambling, on with the review.

Website Description
Our unique Ultra Blotted Lip creates a soft, diffused, just-blotted look with its comfy, matte, longwearing finish.
For that soft, diffused just-blotted look, our medium coverage liquid lipstick dries matte, doesn’t budge, and feels soft and comfy on the lips.
A medium coverage matte lipstick that creates a soft, diffused look. It is completely transfer-proof and long-wearing but also lightweight and comfortable. No cracking or flaking! Leaves lips smooth and fresh.
Application tips
Apply your ultra blotted lip in a thin layer for most comfortable wear.
 To intensify your look, line your lips with a matching lippie pencil, this will help you achieve the perfect finished look and it will also give the appearance of fuller lips.


- I mean the description says it all. These are long lasting matte liquid lipsticks, but with sheer medium coverage.


- They come in the same clear plastic packaging as their other liquid lip and lip gloss formulas, silver lid and have a standard doe foot applicator. The shade name sticker is on the base. I do find like most Colourpop products the writing tends to fade off the packaging after a few uses. Wish they'd up the quality because the packaging looks so battered and tacky after a short while.

I've taken lots of pictures under various lighting
Right-Left: Starlet, Tattle Tail, Zuma, Halo Effect, Vitamin Sea, Doozy, Soda Pop, Sleepy Eyes, Cypress Chill, Cherry On Top
- 3g of product for $7. Which is approx £5.67. Creamy thin formula.



- No added scent, just a bit of a plasticky smell but not at all strong or overpowering.




- They have a tonne of colours and are always adding new shades to the range. I'd love to own them all as I find all the shades have worked for me because of how sheer and forgiving the formula is. Also should mention that they set to a slightly more muted tone on the lips, not as bright or vivid as how they appear in the tube or when they're still wet, so bare this in mind.

I have the shades:

Starletdiffused deep yellow nude - One of my personal faves, perfect neutral nude, this with a nude gloss on top is perfection.

Tattle Taildiffused rose pink - Cute candy pink on my skin tone, pair with a darker lip liner

Zumawarm nude - My holy grail, my love, my life! Perfect warm nude pink on my skin tone.

Halo Effectwarm nude with a hint of coral - Exactly that, peachier, coral version of Zuma

Vitamin Seaorange terracotta - I pair this with Toffee to tone down the brightness, really nice for spring/summer

Doozywarm rose - My go-to bright yellow pink, so so cute and pretty on the lips

Soda Popplummy rose - Exactly that, a plummy toned pink.

Sleepy Eyeswarm rose nude - I would say this is a rosy reddish mlbb colour on me. I reach for this a lot as well as the next one.

Cypress Chillsheer brick rose - Deeper and a bit more burgundy than Sleepy Eyes, another go-to.

Cherry On Topblackened plum - Gorgeous wearable vampy cherry bitten lips. The amount of times people have asked me what I have on my lips when I've worn this...! Can apply streaky so take your time with this shade in particular.

- Unlike other liquid lipsticks I don't wipe off the excess back into the tube, one doe foot application is enough for me and I don't need to dunk the wand back in and put on a second layer. They apply fairly easily, but I will say you have to take effort to ensure you apply the product as evenly as you can and blend out any streaks because the streaks will set too and will be visible.

This is the shade Zuma- my fave!
- I would say you have about 40 seconds to apply and spread the product around before it starts to set and they do set rather quickly. I personally don't think they layer very well so would suggest to only apply one layer or it starts to feel quite thick and rough on the lips and the product gets very crumbly. If you want to layer then I suggest you let one layer dry completely before applying the next.

While it's still wet...
Once it's dry, it's completely matte, no shine whatsoever
- They feel super lightweight on the lips for a liquid lipstick. I despise the sticky, tackiness of some liquid lipstick formulas, or when I rub my lips together and can feel that dry rough layer of product on my lips.
What I actually do with most of my liquid lipsticks (and I've shared this trick on my Instagram before) is apply a tiny amount of a pore filling primer to my lips before applying the liquid lipstick to prevent any tackiness.
I don't have to use any primer with these Ultra Blotted Lips, they feel so soft and smooth and I can feel my own lips when I purse them together. 

The bottom picture shows the thicker areas that were still wet and you can see they flaked off in those areas once they'd dried down in the top picture. Like I mentioned, one layer is best.
- Another quality I love about these are how soft, diffused and smooth they look on my lips. I have a lot of lines on my lips and find most liquid lipstick formulas highlight these lines and I don't get a smooth plump pillowy finish. Which is also why I use the primer step with traditional liquid lipsticks, using a pore filling primer smoothens and fills out the lines on my lips and gives me a much smoother fuller finish.

However I don't need to use any primer for the Ultra Blotted Lips, they give the lips a very smooth pillowy finish on their own.

- These are sheer medium coverage liquid lipsticks. Completely matte, no shine whatsoever. Almost gives the lips a stained bitten look. On my pigmented brown girl lips, I get the perfect wash of colour and coverage. It disguises the pigmentation just enough yet the natural shading of my lips remains which keeps my lips looking natural and dimensional instead of looking flat and stark. The amount of coverage they provide works perfectly with my minimal makeup style. 

- I do however still need to outline my lips to define their shape against my skin tone and use Primark's Lip Liners in Toffee and Spice but only to outline and not fill in. Once lined I then soften and blend the lip liner inwards by pursing and rubbing my lips together gently side to side. I use Toffee if I need to give the lipstick a warmer undertone and Spice if I need to give it a pinker undertone. I sometimes use MAC Cork (a cool toned brown) if I want more of a defined shadowy outline, if that makes sense.

- These are waterproof and smudge-proof. I love that these last as long as your traditional liquid lipsticks and because of their sheerness they wear off better too. Like liquid lipsticks they fade on the inner parts of your lips after eating but it’s not as prominent as a super pigmented liquid lipstick.

- I don’t have any negatives apart from the obvious that they’re not the most hydrating lip products and lips can feel dry after a while, but for a long lasting matte product they are immensely comfortable. You can apply a balm underneath or a gloss on top if you like, this will obviously compromise longevity.

- Another negative is that they do dry up quicker in the tube compared to normal liquid lipsticks.

- Another negative is that they’re unfortunately not easy to get hold of here in the UK as Colourpop are based in the USA and shipping can take between 2-3 weeks.

- Even though they are very affordable products, shipping to the UK is a flat rate of $10 for orders under $50. They offer free shipping for orders over $50 and thankfully customs and taxes are paid for at checkout so no surprises at your door. I usually make my $50+ orders during their sale period.
One thing I should mention is that I just noticed a lot of their shades in this line are missing, I really hope they aren’t discontinuing them...

- To summarise I love these Ultra Blotted Liquid Lipsticks, I love the shades and how wearable they are on me, these work so well with my brown girl lip issues. If you love matte stained lips you will love these! I can tell you one thing, whenever I’ve had one of these on, I've always been asked what I’m wearing on my lips, always! So that should convince you if this review hasn’t. It took me forever to make this post haha but I hope you enjoyed this review.

Have you tried the Ultra Blotted Lips? Share your thoughts!

Have you read my last review? Becca Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundation in Olive, Bamboo & Driftwood

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. post aprove plz sir
    good sir

    thanks for post and article

    hairstyles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    this is pragya,

    THis page is amazing
    https://sauvewomen.com/mom-blog-names/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These articles was so interesting please visit it product..
    Thank-you


    https://sauvewomen.com/mom-blog-names/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good article.
    Visit our blog too https://sauvewomen.com/mom-blog-names/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These articles was so interesting so please visit ...product
    Thank-you




    "Beauty Blog"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,

    this is pragya,

    THis page is amazing

    do visit our page as well

    Mom Blog Names

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey im parul chourasiya.
    This is amazing article.
    Visit our blog too Mom Blog Names

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very nice post. Thanks for sharing it. You must visit us too Seed Funding and get complete knowledge, support and ideas for your startup business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Acadecraft, a renowned global player in the realm of Teacher Manual Development Service Teacher Manual Development Services for decades, has a panel of excellent and experienced editors who have years of experience behind their back. They are well conversant with their responsibility of inditing the finest content. No flaws can escape from their supervision, as they have an eagle eye to find the mistakes that may creep into it. Besides, on-time delivery, round the clock-assistance for different time zones, flawless content, and unmatched pocket-friendly prices are some of the most talked about services.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe