Dior Forever Skin Glow Foundation SPF35 3WO Review

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Hello lovelies! If you read my Dior Face & Body Foundation review you'll know that it's my holy grail go-to and since Dior have expanded their shade range, I’ve been eager to try out their other formulas. I've played around with a sample of the Dior Glow for couple of months now and am ready to share my thoughts.

Image from Dior Website
Website Description
Dior Forever extends its high perfection, long-wearing foundation formula to offer a 24h* radiant finish, Dior Forever Skin Glow. The complexion appears flawless and even and the pores tightened. This enveloping fluid foundation does not just instantly embellish the skin: it improves its beauty day after day with a formula enriched in meticulously selected skincare ingredients to reveal the skin's full sensuality.
Dior Forever Skin Glow offers a radiant finish. For a velvety matte finish, discover the iconic foundation Dior Forever.
A non-comedogenic, dermatologically tested foundation.
A hydration booster, pansy extract helps protect the skin from drying.* The skin is soothed and appears smoothed and radiant with beauty.
Protective rose hip extract, which has been the star ingredient of Dior Forever for years, helps protect the quality of skin from exterior aggressors and reduce the appearance of dilated pores. Application after application, the pores appear tightened and the skin's texture refined.


Beautifying pigments adjust to the skin's tone for a sensually enhanced complexion with an imperceptible makeup look and feel.

What it is and My Thoughts
- A long-lasting, radiant, medium-full coverage liquid foundation with SPF35

- 30ml for £37

- Rectangular glass bottle with a pump. Identical to the Dior Forever foundation bottle. 

- Has a slight fragrance similar to their other foundations.

01/05/2020: IMPORTANT NOTE: I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I MAY HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE WRONG SHADE SAMPLE FOR THE DIOR GLOW AND THAT BOTH 3WO’S ARE ACTUALLY IDENTICAL. NO COUNTERS ARE OPEN RIGHT NOW SO I CAN’T COMPARE THE TWO SHADES MYSELF. SO PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY SWATCHES AS ACCURATE FOR NOW. HOPEFULLY WHEN STORES ARE OPEN AGAIN I WILL SWATCH THEM MYSELF. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES.
Dior Face & Body 3WO, Forever Skin Glow 3WO, Becca Skin Love Olive
- 31 shades. The shades run differently across their ranges so it’s best to rematch yourself. 


- I picked up a sample of 3WO thinking it would be identical to Face & Body 3WO but unfortunately they’re different. Dior Glow 3WO isn't very olive or yellow, it runs more warm and peachy/orange. I can get away with it because I apply very little foundation anyway but kind of frustrating because Face & Body 3WO is an excellent match for me.


- Oxidises a little more orange.

- Texture is lightweight, liquidy and emollient. It has a setting factor which makes it a little tacky and elastic, so it'll run slowly down the back of your hand. 


- I've tried both sponges and brushes and I personally prefer a brush. Because this is a long-lasting formula it has that tackiness/stickiness which makes the product a little stubborn to manoeuvre. I prefer using a brush because it lets me glide and push the product properly into my skin and into my pores. Whereas I find a sponge isn't stiff or hard enough to push it in, rather it seems to make the foundation sit on top a bit and makes it more shiny in an unusual way. 


- Because of it's setting factor I would suggest either blending a little faster than normal or applying a section at a time. It doesn't dry down too fast, you have ample time to blend but do keep the setting factor in mind.

- This as suggested in the name gives off a glowy, luminous, dewy finish to the skin. The Dior Glow smoothens the skin a little bit and pores are slightly minimised however it's not the most skin smoothing formula by any means. But for a long lasting dewy foundation this does look rather pretty on the skin.

- It has a skin-like finish and mimics your skins natural texture. Can be a little unflattering in some areas like pores/texture. But I find using one thin layer of product on myself I get the nicest finish. Definitely prime or powder with something pore filling since the luminosity may highlight pores. 

- I would suggest powdering in some areas only as you don’t want to lose the pretty dewiness in the flattering areas of your skin. i.e. cheekbones, bridge of nose etc. Or alternatively use a luminous setting powder.

- Provides build-able medium to full coverage. It's an interesting formula because you don't really have coverage foundations that are both dewy and long-lasting at the same time. Even though I don’t like layering with this foundation, I find it’s not a very pigmented, i.e. a little doesn’t go a long way.

- This is a fairly lightweight formula but it feels tacky on the skin because of its long-lasting 'sticky' qualities and the stickiness makes my skin feel a bit taut. I can definitely tell there's product on my face. Even when I touch my skin, I can feel the tackiness. However if I powder it's not tacky to the touch anymore but I can still feel the tautness of the long-lasting qualities on my face if that makes any sense!

- Dior state that this is a 24 hour wear foundation. Now I haven't worn this for 24 hours... I do however think this an impressively long lasting foundation considering its glow factor is quite high. You don't get many formulas that are dewy and long lasting at the same time. This isn't a base that'll slide off but in our current cool British spring weather it does last a decent amount of time. I start getting oily by the second hour, so you probably will need to blot.

I like to use my Urban Decay Velvetiser powder with this formula, it’s a super light powder, that fills in pores but doesn't mattify the skin too much and you only need to apply very sparingly. I reckon this would last a long while but ONLY if you don't touch your face too much, or accidentally rub your skin or have a nap etc. For example I set this with the Beauty Bakerie powder one time and blew my nose, product still came off onto the tissue. This isn't like cement on the skin but for a luminous radiant foundation it lasts long.

The Negatives
- This has been an interesting formula to test out. There were times I really disliked it and times I thought it was genius.

- Obviously the shade is a let down as well as the fact that it oxidises. I'm curious to look into their other shades to see if there're any olive options available. 

- For me personally I find that if I apply my usual minimal amount, i.e. a dot on each cheek, a dot on the nose and a dot on the forehead and powder strategically, I get the most beautiful finish and wear. However I once applied more than my usual amount over my entire face and saw that it sank into my laugh lines as well as all the fines lines on my forehead, I ended up looking like a shiny, textured hot mess. 

- It's not as forgiving as the Dior Face & Body foundation, so I would recommend getting a sample to play around with.

- Not the most lightweight, I can feel the foundation on the skin.

- Quite expensive at £37 

Overall my trials have been interesting with this foundation, it's taken a few go's to decide whether I like it or not, I do like how it makes my skin look after a while but I have other glowy foundations that perform better, I've realised less is definitely more with this but isn't that usually the case for me anyway?!? It hasn’t wowed me personally so definitely try before you commit to buy!

Hope you guys enjoyed this review. Have you read my last review? Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lips

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe