Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 5 Tan

Tuesday, April 28, 2020


I remember we were all so confused when this product first launched. Is it a primer? Is it a foundation? Is it a highlighter? Is it a bird? Is it Superman? It turned out to be a primer/ highlighter hybrid of sorts, a multi use product. Almost every review that I read or saw had nothing but praise and admiration for it. During the good skin phase in the summer of 2019 I was addicted to trying products specifically with the word “glow” in its description. My smooth healthy skin was at a level where it was holding and enhancing makeup really well so I knew I had to get my hands on the Hollywood Flawless Filter. But even now where my skin isn’t at its ultimate best, the Hollywood Flawless Filter still manages to work a treat!

- This comes in a glass cylindrical bottle with a gold screw lid and has a doe foot applicator which is convenient if you want to apply straight to face but a bit of a hassle if you want to use as a mixer as sometimes one dip isn’t enough. I’ve also heard that people struggle to take out product when it’s reached nearer the bottom. I think a pump or a squeezy tube would’ve been wiser. But it’s a minor issue.


- One negative I would like to mention though regarding packaging is that I have had this bottle for almost 9 months and the printing has started flaking and rubbing off and tbh I haven’t even used it that much. For such a high end expensive product I don’t expect such poor quality and would’ve liked the printing to stay on.

- 30ml for £34

- No scent

- Comes in 5 shades, because it’s meant to be a highlighter primer kind of product I think they get away with this amount of shades.

Dior Face & Body 3WO, Hollywood Flawless Filter 5 Tan, Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli
- I picked up the shade 5 Tan after following Charlotte’s shade chart recommendation but I should’ve really picked up the shade 4 Medium instead. I personally wanted something colourless and super sheer that would disappear in to my skin. 5 Tan has more of an orangey/peachy undertone and it gives me more of a bronzed look which isn’t what I was after. I’ve come to overlook this because the formula and finish is really beautiful and I’ve found a method that makes it work for me.

- This has a smooth, emollient, creamy, glossy gel like texture. Blends super easily with any tool of your choice. I prefer brush of course. This feels a bit tacky on the skin but this is because of it’s glossiness. Again I can overlook this as I believe the glossiness plays part to the lovely finish.


- This stuff is dewy healthy skin in a bottle. It makes your skin look so so radiant, plump and luminous. It has just the right amount of dew and glossiness to it. I swear it’s genius! It honestly cheats good skin for me and I think this is why I can overlook the shade issues. It’s gorgeous! However like most highlighter products this can highlight texture.



- On its own I love using this on the high points of my face on my bare face days. But I also love using this mixed in with my foundations if I’m after a more radiant look. I’ve noticed when mixed in with any foundation, this makes the foundation apply more easily, it also makes skin appear smoother and blurs pores a little and makes any base much more dewier and radiant, it’s stunning! I would however suggest using something pore filling as dewy products can highlight pores also.


- If you wanted you could even use this on top of your base as a highlighter, for me personally it has the right balance of shimmer and dew, I don’t really like shimmery products but this offers more of a natural skin like dew. I have to say that whenever I’ve worn this people have always commented on how radiant and glowy my skin looks, without a doubt the credit definitely goes to the Hollywood Flawless Filter!

- Even though this product isn’t meant for coverage it does offer a very sheer amount coverage and I’ve found that it does unify the skin a little when worn on it’s own. It blurs imperfections slightly like how a ‘filter‘ would do.

- Since it’s a glossy dewy product longevity would be measured slightly differently. We would monitor how long the shine stays on the skin and whether it remains looking shiny. I find this remains looking dewy as long as it’s not disturbed. Like I mentioned earlier it has a tackiness to it that will most likely transfer a little. Since it is an emollient product the shine does increase over time no matter how you use it, mixed in or on its own. But I personally wouldn’t want to set this product with a powder as it beats the purpose of glow, but I would however powder strategically to avoid getting too luminous in the t-zone.

The Negatives
- I don’t have many negatives but like I mentioned earlier the print is already wearing off the bottle.
- Since it's a highlighting product it can highlight pores and texture.
- Is a little heavy on the skin because of its dewy emollience.
- The websites shade recommendation is off, so try before you buy. If you’re my skin tone definitely go for shade 4 Medium.
- Might be difficult to reach product at the bottom of the bottle nearer the end.

Overall this has been a joyful addition to my collection. I personally love using this with any of my foundations that are slightly too light for me and it works a treat! It honestly does give you beautiful looking radiant skin.

Have you tried this? Let us know!
Have you read my last post? It Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium Tan


You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Aqui é do Brasil!! Acompanho todos os seus posts!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zahra, love your blog!!! You’re really knowledgeable about makeup. I stumbled across your blog based on your review of Stromboli shade from Nars, I was wondering, do you still feel the shade of foundation is suitable for you? If it is, I’d love to follow your reviews and recommendations on lipstick shades 😍 been struggling so much to find the perfect lip shade. Thank you sm! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Belle, thank you for commenting, I'm glad you're finding my blog very helpful! Yes Stromboli is still a great match for me. I am planning on making a post on my favourite go-to lipsticks. In the mean time I recommend having a look at my instagram page, I post on there quite regularly and share my faves often. Also check out my Colourpop Lipstick review here on the blog. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing nice post...

    Beautique Canada Spa gives the best Botox, Facials and Lashes in Peterborough, Ontario. Book a period at our Spa where we have some expertise in Facials, Botox and Lashes. We utilize excellent items to guarantee your security and satisfaction and to give you that look you want without giving up quality.

    Eyelash Extensions Peterborough
    Spray Tan Peterborough
    Teeth Whitening Peterborough
    Lip Filler Peterborough
    Pedicure Peterborough
    Botox Peterborough
    Sugaring Peterborough
    Lashes Peterborough
    Facials Peterborough

    ReplyDelete
  4. good sir

    thanks for this besr and good article

    hairstyles

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thanks for this post.It's a very nice post.Great post.Thank you.

    skin care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later on. I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice afternoo skin care

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for this besr and good article

    ReplyDelete
  8. These articles was very interesting... And products also please visit it..
    Thank-you.... Beutyblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Niches for Affiliate Marketing blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this fabulous blog and you has introduced deeply this product with us. You can get perfect look from this product with Freya women's Makeup Brushes kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank u,This blog is very useful.Visit beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coffee Moisturizer

    This is a great mcaffeine moisturizer for acne prone skin for dry skin, especially in winter. It contains pure coffee extract and other natural ingredients like shea butter and aloe vera. This product is also suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin.

    Saffron Toner

    coffee moisturizer for face is known for its brightening properties and it can help with pigmentation issues as well. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that are great for soothing irritated skin caused by the cold weather or any type of irritation like sunburn or eczema.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked the useful information in Your Blog. Thanks For Providing Such Useful Knowledge.Thanks For Providing Such Useful Knowledge.
    For Organic Skincare I really like Zaira Organic Skincare Products Online By Organic Skincare. Check out
    Zaira You might end up liking too!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you provide me information for the makeup , Visit salon in in dwarka

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been getting facials at Fleuri Spa for a few years now and I'm so happy with the results! My skin is clearer, brighter, and more hydrated than ever before. The estheticians are so knowledgeable and they always recommend the best products and treatments for my skin type. I highly recommend their facial Spa Thornhillfacial to anyone looking for a truly personalized and effective facial experience.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe