IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium Tan Review

Sunday, April 26, 2020


I don’t actually have the It Cosmetics CC Cream in my collection anymore. I’d taken blog pictures sometime last year, which I then completely forgot about until recently when I rediscovered them in my camera roll. I decided to put the pictures to good use and write up this review.

What it is and My Thoughts
- A full coverage creamy, moisturising foundation with added skincare benefits that looks and feels like skin.

- Comes in a total of 3 formulas, original, matte and illuminating. I had the original.

- 32ml for £32 on official website. You can now purchase a smaller size as well.

- An SPF of 50.


- Comes in a plastic tube with a pump

- Has a fresh citrusy scent.

- A thick creamy emollient gel texture. It won’t run down the back of your hand.

- Comes in 12 shades : Fair, Fair Light, Light, Light Medium, Medium, Neutral Medium, Medium Tan, Neutral Tan, Tan, Rich, Rich Honey and Deep.

IT Cosmetics CC Cream Medium Tan, Becca Skin Love Olive & Driftwood.
I don’t have a myriad of pictures and swatches of this as I’d taken these pictures last year. Otherwise I would have compared it to a lot more bases.
- They recently had a new shade launch but when I bought this they had only 5 abysmal shades. I chose Medium Tan. It wasn’t a great match so I ended up giving it away because I’d discovered the Becca Skin Love Foundation which is a similar formula and had a better shade match for me. As you can see Medium Tan is quite peachy undertoned compared to Becca Olive.

- I don’t recall this oxidising on my skin. But because the shade was already off I couldn’t tell if it did.

- The CC cream blends in wonderfully and easily into the skin, you can use a brush, sponge or your fingers and you get a lovely even smooth application.

- On application you get instant full coverage, you can obviously use less and sheer the coverage out but this will easily give you a flawless base.

- Smoothens and plumps the skin and gives off a creamy satin glow. I do really like this formula but on my combination skin this can get quite emollient and oily so I think the matte version would be better suited for me as I like how matte formulas wear on my skin. I get a manageable amount of dewiness over time with matte formulas. People with dry skin will really like this.

- This is generally a lightweight formula but I would say the emollience and moisture can make it feel a bit heavy especially on my skin type. 

- With regards to longevity on my skin type, if I need this to last I have to set it or I’ll get super oily and it will transfer. After setting, I start getting oily by the third hour. This is a really moisturising formula for me, so that’s why I think the matte formula would be better for me in terms of longevity and wear.

Now for the negatives:
- Poor shade range, even though they’ve increased to 12 shades, it’s still not enough.
- Isn’t the most lightweight formula.
- Isn’t the most long lasting of formulas and can transfer if not set.

I don’t have many negative things to say about the CC Cream, it’s a lovely formula and looks lovely on the skin. In comparison to the Becca Skin Love Foundation I would say this is much more hydrating and moisturising. I did really enjoy it whilst I had it, but I have a feeling I will love the matte formula even more. Would definitely recommend if you’re after a full coverage moisturising creamy foundation.

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?
Have you read my last blogpost? Dior Forever Skin Glow Foundation

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe