Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation 340 Oak Review

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Another day another foundation review! I came across this foundation on Kinkysweats youtube channel, she's one of the handful of youtubers who's product reviews I trust and buy! I also watched Melissa Alatorre's review on this and share her opinions on it so check out these videos if you want an actual demo and a good review.


Website Description:
A weightless foundation, with ActiveForce™ technology, that synchronizes with skin and self-refreshes nonstop for a 24-hour just-applied look and flawless finish.
A SHISEIDO first in foundation that self-refreshes nonstop with ActiveForce™ technology. Our long-wearing fluid foundation synchronizes with skin and helps resist heat, humidity, oil and facial movement to maintain a just-applied, flawless finish that lasts 24 hours. Weightless. Breathable. Blendable. Buildable.
Coverage: Medium, Buildable
Finish: Fresh, Natural
Formula Details:
30ml
£39
SPF 30
Oil-free
All-day hydration
Waterproof, smudge-proof
Humidity-resistant, transfer-resistant
Dermatologist-tested
Non-comedogenic
Fragrance-free
For all skin types
ActiveForce™ Technology is our exclusive complex that protects your flawless, finish from the effects of sweat, oil and facial movement.
Responsive Sensory Technology adapts to skin's condition, tone and texture for truer illumination.
Wild Thyme Extract helps provide anti-oxidant benefits.
Protective polymer with anti-adhesive properties helps keep pollution from adhering to skin.
SHISEIDO's patented Smart Correcting Powder enhances skin's surface texture and tone.


Foundation technology is advancing so much and this Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation is up there for me at the moment. I've tried many many foundations in my time (as you may already know) so I recognise great formulas and can easily distinguish characteristics between various formulas.  I've heard Shiseido are very advanced when it comes to beauty formulas so I'm not surprised at how good this foundation actually is. Not only that but most companies are now producing at least 20+ shades so people can now finally enjoy a pretty decent shade match alongside an outstanding formula.


Luckily I found a generously sized dinky sample on eBay (it looks like the minis from the Shiseido PR package some influencers received). After testing it out for around 2 months I'm ready to share my thoughts.

Natural Light. Top-Bottom : Nars All Day Luminous Stromboli, Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing 340 Oak, Dior Face & Body 3WO
- After shade searching I decided on 340 Oak (golden with slight olive tone for medium skin) and it's a wonderful match, a really good olive shade. As you can tell in the flash photo it has a hint of peachiness to it compared to the others, it's hardly noticeable on the skin nor does it look off on me but it actually perks my skin up a bit and makes me look more awake. If you watch Melissa's Video you can see how lovely and olive the shade is.

Flash Photo. Top-Bottom : Nars All Day Luminous Stromboli, Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing 340 Oak, Dior Face & Body 3WO
-It's interesting but I've noticed the shade adjusts after about half an hour but it doesn't exactly oxidise.

-Light creamy texture, runs slowly down the back of your hand.

-Very easily blended out, doesn't require that much effort. I like using a brush most of the time anyway but I've tried it with a sponge and both are amazing with this formula, even though it's a light formula there's not too much absorption.

-Looks very natural on the skin and feels very lightweight. This manages to mimic my skins natural texture and characteristics without highlighting or adding texture yet manages to smoothen the surface and perfect at the same time. It's amazing I love it, I feel like a better version of myself and not caked at all whilst getting decent coverage.

- For me personally this is a very skin beautifying and enhancing formula and finish.

-Provides medium build able coverage. More coverage than the Dior F&B so light blemishes are concealed with just one layer and skin looks really flawless. Not super full coverage but it can be achieved.

-Natural semi matte finish but there is slightly more radiance to the skin compared to Dior F&B, so erring more to the side of satin but not fully satin either. So great for combo skin like mine.

-Once set with a little powder it lasts a while and wears really nicely on me. This is one of those formulas that move with the skin so no fading or melting. I have prominent laugh lines (I'm a chubby smiley person ;) ) and this doesn't settle in the lines. It doesn't highlight or sit in or around my pores nor does my skin drink it up or look parched after a while. Also noticed it controls my oils nicely too where after a few hours, I look radiant but my face or especially my t-zone isn't hella greasy.

-With regards to staying power this does have a setting factor. I read in the description that it 'self refreshes non-stop', how and if that's possible I don't know... but I can agree that this does actually remain looking fresh for a good length of time.

-Reminds me a lot of the Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation (review), thin consistency, semi-matte, lightweight, skin like, skin smoothing and good wear time, I would say the Shiseido is more natural looking on the skin but they're very similar and obviously this shade is way better for me.

Now for the negative..

-I haven't had many negative experiences with the Shiseido Synchro Skin Foundation but I would say that it can sit around dry flakes if you have dry skin. There was a time when I was due for some exfoliation and noticed the foundation sit around some dry flakes on my nose. 

Overall I've really enjoyed using this foundation. I love using the Shiseido when I'm after some more coverage than the Dior Face & Body. You know it's a keeper if you need to put some foundation on and grab a specific foundation without giving it too much thought cause you know it's reliable. Definitely recommend it but do get a sample if you can as at £39 it isn't cheap.

I hope this review was useful, thanks for reading!


Quick note: I've noticed that most of the foundation reviews I write are usually positive. But my feelings towards a lot of them have changed especially since formulas are really improving and shade ranges are getting better. So I'm going to make a post on all the bases I've tried and whether I would purchase/use them again along with their general pros and cons. I will update it every so often so keep an eye out.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe