Dior Face & Body Foundation in 3WO Review

Friday, February 28, 2020


When Rihanna released 40 shades of foundation all at once, something finally clicked into place in the minds of beauty creative director's around the world! Dior was one of the first to follow suit and in the summer of 2018 they released 40 shades of the Face & Body Foundation in their new Dior Backstage range. A premium French beauty brand releasing 40 shades of foundation? Sacré bleu...


As you may already know I don’t buy full sized foundations on a whim, I play around with samples first and in this particular instance it was pure love. I purchased the foundation from the Dior website in the shade 3WO, described as light medium skin with warm olive undertones”. It comes with 50ml of product for £29.50. I received 2 deluxe samples of my choice, free shipping and I opted for the gorgeous complimentary gift packaging since I was treating myself to my first ever Dior purchase. (I generally don’t like waste and unnecessary packaging, but I’ve kept the lovely box for storage purposes).

Top-Bottom: Becca Skin Love Olive, Nars All Day Luminous Stromboli, Dior Face & Body 3WO
Taken in natural lighting.
What’s it like?
- A light to medium build-able foundation. 
- Demi matte finish
- Lightweight 
- Skin like finish
- Long lasting
- Waterproof
- Liquidy formula and thin consistency but not super runny
- Has a slight fragrance

                                             
My application method:
I prefer minimal makeup for day to day. I don’t need all my marks to be concealed but I do want my overall skin tone to look even. I apply one drop on my forehead, one drop on my nose and one drop on each cheek. Then using my flat angled kabuki I blend outwards. I avoid my under eyes and around my mouth because they will most likely go ashy and I don’t want to use colour corrector or concealer as that means more layers making my makeup look obvious which I don’t want. With the minimal, barely anything amount left on the brush I go lightly over my mouth and chin. My skin is left looking more even and awake and still looks like skin. I then set with an incredibly light dusting of powder.


What I love about the foundation:
- Comes in a huge variety of shades with various undertones so everyone will most likely find a match. They have 'N' for neutral, 'W' for warm, 'CR' for cool rosy, 'WP' for warm peach and 'WO' for warm olive.

- Comes in an easy to use and convenient squeezy tube bottle. It’s very simple yet chic.


- A generous 50ml of product so well worth your buck.

- The shade 3WO (warm olive) is the perfect match for my skin tone. Lovely balance of yellow and olive with just the right amount of depth.

Top-Bottom: Becca Skin Love Olive, Nars All Day Luminous Stromboli, Dior Face & Body 3WO
- Blends into the skin seamlessly and effortlessly, my skin just drinks it up and becomes one with it.

- Undetectable skin like finish. People have told me my “skin” looks great when I’ve had it on, not my “makeup” looks great.

- Demi matte finish, matte but not flat, there are still areas of the skin with a slight glow. Obviously all adjustable with the type of skin prep and powdering.

- Very skin smoothing but in a natural way, it doesn’t form a second layer on top of the skin but sinks in to the skin and fills in and blurs pores.

- Super lightweight, I can’t feel it on at all.

- Buildable coverage though I always go for light coverage anyway. I don’t think this goes further than medium coverage. It evens skin out but will need more than 3 layers if you want to cover blemishes or red spots so I personally think you’re better off using a medium to full coverage foundation if you’re after coverage.

- Doesn’t oxidise orange or change colour, though I find my oils do react with it a little after a long while, but nothing drastic enough to put me off.

- No flashback so great for photography.

- Great for my combination skin type and has ample amount of oil control for me. After a few hours my skin looks more glowy in a natural way but not oily.

- Since it's for the body too, it's quite long-lasting on my skin and doesn’t melt or disappear. When set with a light dusting of powder I get approx 8+ hours of wear. But I apply such little product I can’t always tell what’s foundation or what’s skin (lol sorry). But when I cleanse there is always product on the flannel so I know there’s still foundation on my skin.

- Can be used on a variety of skin types, forgiving on most as it can be altered for either dry or oily skin but I would say best for combo oily skin.

Top-Bottom: Becca Skin Love Olive, Nars All Day Luminous Stromboli, Dior Face & Body 3WO
What I’m not so keen on:

I don’t have many dislikes with this foundation but if I really were to think about it I would say:

- Can be quite matte and drying if I haven’t prepped my skin properly.

- If I want a dewy glowy look this isn’t the foundation I will use. I actually reluctant to use this in the summer because it was too matte for my liking.

- I don’t think people with dry skin will like this, I think they will find it too matte.

- I rarely get breakouts these days (current skincare routine is working brill for me) but on the rare occasion that I did get some spots the Dior Face & Body didn’t conceal the redness with one layer and I didn’t really want to apply more layers. So not great if you’re after coverage.

To summarise I absolutely ADORE this foundation, it’s my current go-to everyday base. I find it so easy to use, very reliable and never lets me down. It’s the MAC Face & Body but in the perfect shade with a formula better suited to my skin type plus giving me the finish and coverage that I’m after. If you’re looking for a light coverage matte foundation which evens out your skin as wells as controls your oils then definitely give this one a go, you can use it on your body too if you like!

Have you tried this foundation? If so leave us your thoughts down below!

Previous review : NYX HD Wand Concealer

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Zahra you review is super detailed. Thank you. This has given me some idea of what to expect when I go to get my sample. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very detailed and helpful review - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe