A different kind of post...

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

If you've been following my blog or Instagram for a while, you'll know that this wasn't the first time I done a disappearing act. I'll be honest though, 2 years was a long time, even for my standards! However this time round I felt the need to provide some sort of explanation for my recurring lengthy absences and to be perfectly honest I just wanted to be real with you guys.

Over the past few years in my life I've unfortunately gone through some very difficult and testing times, which has affected my physical as well as mental health and in order to recover and heal from these traumas, I've had to take some time out for myself. In these periods of time I've realised I lose any interest in my favourite pastimes and hobbies, which is why I disappear from the blogosphere. I'm generally a very positive and optimistic person but I have also had moments where I've hit complete rock bottom. I wanted to share this with everyone because we aren't always aware of what people have gone through in their lives or the battles they may be fighting every single day. Everyone has a story. I want to say to all you out there right now who have struggled or are struggling, that you are strong and that you will get through this. There will always be sunshine after the rain. I believe kindness, compassion and lots of positivity towards each other is what makes this world a better place to live in.

I've always tried to keep it real on my platforms and I want to make it more so because it's what I personally want to see. I want to see real lives and real people, the highs, the lows and the struggles. I want to see what makes us human. Unfiltered and relatable. Social media can be a very fickle place sometimes and we've certainly witnessed that behind every perfectly curated picture there's much, much more to a story.

Other than that I’ve also gotten busier with moving homes, new routines and a new job. Posting and interacting regularly on Instagram can sometimes feel like a full time job and I just don't have the time nor energy to commit to it as much anymore. To my loyal readers: Do not fear! I am just as much beauty obsessed as I was before and have so many new favourites to share with you all, so will be popping up on the blogosphere now and again. I hope you understood the purpose behind this post. Thank you for taking out the time to read this, see you around lovelies.

Image result for three things will change the way you see life



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. So great to hear from you again! Missed reading your posts... I agree, you are one of the most real bloggers out there. Would be amazing to get to read more of your work. Thank you for sharing this with the world today, and I honestly hope you are in a better place now. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time reading your blog, hopefully you get the strength to get through the tough times!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe