Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Golden Medium

Tuesday, April 21, 2015



Since I was coming to the end of my Bare Minerals Original Foundation (review here), I knew I had to buy a backup of my Holy Grail as soon as possible. But I decided to try the matte version instead. Reason being was that the Original version was very hydrating and my skin would have the tendency to get a little oily in my tzone and the foundation would start wearing off. So I figured the matte version would stay put a little longer and keep any unwanted shine at bay. So I wanted to give it a try.

Now that I have it I wanted to put up a review incase anyone was interested to try the Matte version as well. I picked up the same shade which is Golden Medium. I have noticed that the matte one is darker than the Original, but just half a shade to a shade darker, you can barely see a difference when swatched or side by side, it still retains its' yellow gorgeousness which I love. And it still looks good on my skin, it just makes me look a little sun kissed that's all. I think the Matte shade is actually better for my skintone than the Original, because the colour is right in between the lightest colour of my skin and my hyperpigmentation. So it's more even and balanced which makes it look more natural. Though I absolutely love how bright, radiant and awake the Original version makes me look. If you're between a MAC NC30 - NC40, South Asian or yellow undertoned, try this shade out, I can guarantee you'll love it. 


L-R: Matte Golden Medium, Original Golden Medium

You can barely see the difference between the shades even though there is.


L-R: Matte, Original

As you can see from the swatch on my fingers, the Original (Right) is reflecting some light whereas the Matte (Left) isn't. 

They do have some differences in texture and finish as expected. The Original version has light reflective particles which makes it more illuminating for dry and dull skinned people. This one is of course matte, but it isn't flat and matte, I use a good rich moisturiser underneath as per usual, then buff the foundation in with my real techniques buffing brush and my skin doesn't look dry or flat, it still exudes the radiance of my moisturiser and keeps my skin looking life like. It does a good job of keeping my oils at bay compared to the Original and again lasts a lot longer than the Original. With mineral makeup, I love how my skin looks after my natural oils come out, it just looks so radiant and healthy, and so so natural, people can hardly tell I have makeup on, no cake face in sight. Hope this was helpful guys. Peace! 



L-R : Matte, Original



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I knew something was different, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe