Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint G7, Stretch Concealer G6 and Cloud Paint in Puff Review

Monday, March 23, 2020


I've always loved the Glossier aesthetic but never thought it was ideal for my problematic-ish skin. However I was going through a period of rather good skin during the summer/autumn of 2019 and it was around then that I realised how ideal a dewy base with minimal coverage would be.

Website Description
Perfecting Skin Tint
Sheer skin enhancer 
1 fl oz / 30 ml 
More skin, less makeup.
What it is: 
In the land between bare skin and makeup makeup exists the imperceptible wash of color that is Perfecting Skin Tint
Why it's special:
Breathable, ultra-thin formula evens out skin’s appearance for a smooth, dewy finish
Diamond Powder gives a brightening, soft-focus effect and minimizes the appearance of pores, while Glycerin moisturizes skin
Comes in 12 super sheer, adaptable shades that won’t hide your freckles, cake your pores, or cover you up
Good to know: hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, appropriate for all skin types, non-settling, non-irritating, paraben free, fragrance free, cruelty free, vegan

What is Skin Tint and how do I find it?

-Glossier Skin Tint comes in a cute plastic squeezy bottle, it's a very liquidy product that tends to separate so give it a good shake before using it.

-Comes in 12 shades but I think they could do with adding some more (olive shades!)


-Texture is very light, moisturising and emollient, almost like a thin oily lotion. Very similar to the MAC Face & Body (review) but even sheerer and lighter, between the two I prefer the Glossier. 


-This does slide around on the skin because of its slippiness which is why I prefer using a brush to push and blend quickly into the skin but fingers work well with this formula if you have the patience.

Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli, Dior Face & Body 3WO, Glossier Skin Tint G7, G6 and Stretch Concealer G6
West facing window early evening
In this swatch you can clearly see the differences between G6 and G7
-I bought the shade G6 first (described as a deep neutral shade) but exchanged it for a G7 (medium-warm shade) soon after. G6 is more neutral compared to G7, G7 isn't as yellow/olive as I like but the undertone works better for me. (FYI the lovely folks at Glossier let me keep the G6). The models/swatches on the website are a little off so make sure you do your own research.

Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli, Dior Face & Body 3WO, Glossier Skin Tint G7, G6 and Stretch Concealer G6
East facing window early evening
-Coverage is light and SUPER sheer. Of all the bases I've tried this is the sheerest of them all. It will unify your skin but beauty marks, scars, everything will come through. If you're after any form of coverage this is not for you. 

-Finish is incredibly natural, radiant and dewy, like well moisturised, healthy looking skin. 


-This smoothens the skin out ever so slightly but it's not very pore filling, this mimics your skins  natural texture. 

-When I say this foundation is undetectable, I mean it is completely undetectable. You can not see ANY product on the skin, no pigment, no texture, no creasing, no seam lines, nothing, which makes this the ultimate no makeup makeup base

-I can see myself going through this bottle quite easily, no matter how much you use it never looks too much.

-Since the Skin Tint is so sheer, longevity is a little hard to determine. I tend to wear the Skin Tint for quick errands or for times when I want my skin to look as bare as possible. If I need it to last I set with a light dusting of powder, otherwise leave it to its natural dewy self. 

-This can get quite dewy after a few hours so bare this in mind, I tend to adjust my skincare routine to make way for the dewiness, if that makes sense.

I'll be honest I've never really been keen on super sheer bases. I've always felt my skin wasn't "perfect" enough for light coverage so I always opted for a medium. But lately I've been so much more accepting of myself and my skin's condition that I'm not as desperate to achieve 'perfection' anymore. I dunno... perhaps you can call it self love? Even when my skin isn't at its best I reach for the Skin Tint and definitely appreciate what it does for me. I feel like a slightly better version of myself.

Stretch Concealer in G6

-It's an emollient, moisturising and dewy concealer which provides medium to build-able coverage. It's a stunning formula but I have a proper love/hate relationship with it.



-I love the moisturising sheer nature of this product and how undetectable it looks on the skin but I also find it a bit too moisturising and a bit too sheer for a concealer.

-I prefer applying with my finger, it blends in effortlessly because of its creamy nature.


-The shade G6 isn't yellow/golden enough and that's a big issue for me, it's a bit on the neutral pink side. I wanted this mainly for my under eyes (which are obviously darker than my skin) but G6 looks a bit ashy and I don't really want to colour correct or layer with it.
In this swatch you can see the Stretch Concealer in G6 isn't as yellow as the Dior 3WO which is a great shade for me
-I think a better shade match will make me enjoy this product more but I actually don't know what shade to go for, the depth of this shade is fine but it lacks the yellow/golden tones to make this a flattering brightening shade for my under eyes, but it works fine for the rest of my face. If anyone knows a better shade for me please recommend!

-Also comes in 12 shades. I’ve noticed the concealers seem to be a shade lighter than the Skin Tints. Would've been great if I went to their pop-up store and checked it out...not an option now unfortunately!

-Since it's so emollient and creamy it creases really really easily. Also if I try to layer it gets really thick under the eyes. Setting can also be a problem as I've found powders mix with it weirdly and it looks cakey, so longevity can be an issue.

-I feel like I need to play around with it some more to see what works best for me, but I do really like this product...I think...

Cloud Paint in Puff

-A long lasting sheer cream blush that blends really nicely. These set once applied.

-I've never been a fan of cream blushes but during the summer, I felt a cream blush was very weather appropriate and thought it would work with my improved skin conditions.


-I chose the shade Puff as I was after a pink tone to mimic a natural pink flush. I rarely blush naturally but I think this is the tone it would be if I were to. This looks so cute and youthful on the skin. I'd love to try the other shades!


-You need the smallest dab, a little goes a long way. If I have the time I will apply and blend with my fingers. If I'm in a rush I'll use a small stipple brush or a smallish rounded fluffy brush.

-I adore how plump, dewy and fresh it looks, powder blushes look so flat in comparison, I actually tried this once and the difference was amazing, the cream blush side was so much more lifted.

I honestly really appreciate the Glossier products, they have nailed the no makeup makeup vibe to a 't' and I'll definitely be picking up more products from the amazing range. Thanks for reading!

Have you read my last review? Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation in 340 Oak 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe