Review: Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I came across this toner whilst I was watching Dannii Ofe's (What I Call Beautiful/Xodjo on YouTube) video about her skincare routine. She mentioned that it combated any congestion on her skin and I was instantly interested. I did my research and it seemed to receive very good reviews.


Comes in a simple cream plastic bottle and has a little hole to dispense the toner, I've removed mine as its too slow and little a drizzle. It smells floral and herbally, so it's not too bad but I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea. I use it at night time after cleansing. I paint it on with a flat foundation brush or I use my fingers and leave it to sink into my skin before applying a little moisturiser. 

The first time I used this I woke up and my skin looked really soft and plump and youthful. And it felt really soft too! My dry skin patches and chronic crusty nose were soft and smooth. After a few uses I started noticing how my acne scars and little bumps and pimples were reducing and my skin was looking clearer. After doing some research I found out that this contained 2-4% AHA. As you know I am an AHA addict I knew I would like this product. Struggling with hyper-pigmented skin and congestion I need to regularly exfoliate my skin and I much prefer chemical exfoliants compared to physical exfoliants. But both together work well too if done carefully. I started seeing results straight away, they were slight but overtime this has helped improve my skin tons, like the REN mask this has helped lighten and diminish my acne scars so I have only a handful left on my face which are still lightening. I also think you will see better results if you keep on top of it and use it regularly.

This bottle had lasted me aaages since I bought it in March this year and I use it 3-4 times a week. I have roughly a third left. I don't use cotton pads as this would use up too much product. This has really helped with my uneven skin texture and acne/scars. I recommend this for everyone as it's really mild and works gently as the name suggests. Do a patch test of you have sensitive skin. This has helped my South Asian hyper-pigmented skin and I recommend this to fellow olive tan skin tones that struggle with hyper-pigmentation and congestion. I bought mine from eBay for under £15 for 120ml and it's usually £20-£25. 

*Update*: This is a good exfoliating toner to start off with if you are new to exfoliating toners and want to start using them. It gets rid of dry skin and works over a period of time to get rid of acne marks. I saw results pretty much straight away with my dry patches and after a couple of weeks my dark spots were disappearing and it also seemed to control breakouts too, I was rarely breaking out, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore and I'm not getting satisfactory results. I hardly breakout now but the little bumps I have are clogged pores and you need salicylic acid (BHA) to get rid of them and this toner doesn't contain salicylic acid if I'm not mistaken. even though it helped with breakouts it's not sorting out the congestion or bumps. I still recommend this, it's a good one to try out. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe