My Current Skincare Routine December 2014 PART 3 : THE MOISTURISERS

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hi guys, this post is from December 2014, it's somehow reposted again hence why it's all the way up here in the timeline... Just ignore it haha...or have a read...do bare in mind I've moved on from these...



Moisture is so so important for me, I have combination skin, I get oily in my t zone when I'm hot, normal in some places and get easily dehydrated and dry in others, so I need to make sure that the moisturisers I use deliver appropriately. The most important aspect of a moisturiser for me is hydration and absorption. It really needs to quench my skins thirst and my skin needs to drink it up straight away. I'm extremely fussy with moisturisers, and if I find one that works for me I will continue to use it and keep it as a staple. I need my moisturisers to be affordable because of how often I will apply it during the day for ablution. But because I'm always looking for the next best thing I am always willing to try out new things. So here are some quick reviews on the moisturisers I currently own.


Boots Traditional Skin Care Moisturising Cream with Vitamins A & E is my current favourite and go to. This was a product I picked up on a whim, it was the large size and affordable price tag that won me (£3.05). The simple almost vintage packaging is admirable, no pointless fancy packaging. It smells like something your gran or mum would have used, lightly floral and musky, not overpowering at all but almost comforting. Upon application it easily melts and absorbs into the skin. And I can feel an instant surge of hydration and nourishment. It really is nourishing, my skin laps it up and is left soft and supple. It's the way this moisturiser leaves my skin so soft that has me addicted. And it doesn't break me out. I love applying this and it works really well under makeup. Especially mineral makeup. At 200ml this lasts me upto 8 months which is bloody brilliant! I definitely recommend this for dehydrated and dry skin types. 


Who doesn't love some Vitamin E? I'm a big fan of this healing Vitamin. I've always been interested in The Body Shops Vitamin E range and earlier on this winter when my skin started to get really dry I picked up a pot of the Intense Moisture Cream. This is a really thick cream, almost gel like consistensy, with a floral fragrance, on application it feels thick yet not creamy, I do like this moisturiser but I don't feel it absorbs well enough for me. I also think the dimethicone fills in some pores and makes my skin appear smoother but it seems to soften only the surface of my skin. Infact when I go to wash my face I can feel the moisturiser wash off and feel the same dry condition of my skin underneath. It isn't nourishing enough for me unfortunately. At £12.99 I don't think it's worth it. I've almost finished the tub and won't be repurchasing. 


As I mentioned earlier before, my skin started behaving extremely dry when winter first hit us, and I think it was a combination of the weather as well as starting the Bravura products that were making my skin so so dry. I needed a product that would inject intense hydration and moisture quickly back into my skin. After checking online and reading some reviews I decided to buy this Soap & Glory Night & Flight Moisture Miracle / Beauty Sleep Accelerator. This smells really fruity, of peaches, I quite like the smell and it's a really lightweight and fluid texture and consistensy. When I first put this on my skin I realised straightaway that a little went a long way with this but at the same time it was adding that much needed, extra surge of hydration that my skin was desperate for. This was exactly what I was looking for. It's velvety and smooth and my skin laps it up so so happily. I use it when my skins feeling a little taut and dry and not just at night time. I definitely recommend this for dry dehydrated skins. It really is lovely and definitely adds a splash of moisture into the skin. 

So there you have it, my current moisturisers. If you have any recommendations please let me know and watch out for the next part of my skincare routine. 





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That's very awesome. Thanks for all the great post. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe