My NYX Lipstick Collection and Swatches

Monday, June 20, 2016

I have been so impressed with NYX lately. Their recent lip product launches have been a HUGE HIT in the beauty industry, causing waves of happiness and joy and I can totally understand why!


I have been so intrigued by the brand since watching and lusting after them on YouTube for years only to be saddened by the fact that it was so hard to get hold of here in the UK. A lot of our prayers were answered when Britains favourite drugstore Boots launched NYX not only online but in a good few stores. Since then I have had my greedy beady eyes on soooo many of their products but am definitely rest assured and being patient in getting my hands on them as I'm sure they won't be going anywhere anytime soon!


So I've been collecting a few bits and pieces here and there and no surprise, they're all lip products! No word of a lie...I fricking ADORE them all!!!! I'm quite selective with the shades I decide to buy and they are usually wearable nudes and naturals for my complexion as well as the odd vibrant red, berry or pink shade. I've done some swatches of the current ones I own but watch this space as you probably know I always have room for expansion! Without any further ado, here are the swatches taken from my Instagram (@Zahra_Najam)

- Liquid Suede Cream in Soft Spoken
- Lip Lingerie in Ruffle Trim
- Lip Lingerie in Exotic
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Rome




My favourite formula would have to be the Soft Matte Lip Creams, creamy, moussy and eventually sets to a velvety matte finish yet look really natural and effortless, though they may not be the most pigmented of the bunch, they seem to make my lips look so powdery velvety soft, plump and puffy and are really comfortable on the lips. They don't have the longest durability compared to the rest but the finish is what wins me over. I find these dry down to a slightly different tone on the lips compared to how they swatch. I usually have to go over my top lips pigmentation a couple of times to get an opaque coverage. So keep all this in mind.

P.S. Abu Dhabi has stolen my heart. If you've eyed this shade with intrigue like me, then definitely go for it, it's a gorgeous pinky beige sand nude on my olive / yellow NC35 - NC40 complexion, looks absolutely stunning!) 

The Suede Creams are much thinner and liquidy in consistency, pigmented yet feel soft and comfortable on the lips, though I find they take quite a while to dry down completely. Like the name suggests it's a suede finish and feel on the lips. Once dry they do last a while. They have the least exciting range of shades in my opinion, it's more suitable for those who like wacky vibrant shades and I'm not brave enough to pull 'em off at all!

The Liquid Lingerie are moussy and thick in consistency like the Soft Matte Lip Creams, very pigmented yet dry down in a few minutes. I feel like these are the most unflattering on the lips if I use too much, they can sink into the lines and crevices of my lips and have the potential of making my lips look smaller and a bit dehydrated, especially with the lighter colours. 

To tackle this problem I use a pore filling primer on my lips then I apply a thin layer of product on both my lips, let it dry completely and then go over my top lip once more (as I have discolouration / pigmentation on that lip) and I get a much nicer finish, smoother and plumper a bit like the Soft Matte Lip Creams.

I used to dislike Ruffle Trim because it looked too pasty on me for my liking but ever since I started using this technique of thin layers it's like whole new dimensions and depth of tones came out of the shade, I adooore it and have been asked so many times what I have on my lips when I've worn it!

Using a thin layer with these are what makes it look much nicer in my opinion. These Liquid Lingeries do last a good time on the lips and come off with a bit of a fight haha! 

There you have it, my lovely little NYX lip collection. I absolutely love them to bits! I'm super duper impressed with the quality and want so many more of their different products and formulas! Well done NYX and thank you soooo much for blessing us Brits with your presence! Xxx





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Our shade selection is alike Zahra...OMG I have all 5 you have from top. The bottom two (Abu Dhabi and Rome ) are on my wishlist. Big Hugs for same same choice :) <3

    Ash | www.mstantrum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinning! Shows you have great taste! Listen Ash, you MUST get Abu Dhabi! MUST!! It's a keeper! Rome is very similar to Soft Spoken, they're almost identical. Thanks for reading hun xxxx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe