My everlasting love for lipsticks!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Am I the only one in the world? Sometimes it feels that way...it feels like I am the only Human Being in this world who is unexplainably obsessed with lipstick. When I go to beauty stores, the eyes instinctively dart towards the lipstick area of whichever brand I'm at, hands itching and twitching, ready to swatch! Even though I know I have so many at home in that drawer, I STILL manage to leave the store with a very colourful back of a hand...!
Recently I keep telling whoever I'm with that I'm not going to do any lipstick swatches and tell them to stop me from doing so. Doesn't work. I even wore gloves one time and purposefully left them on, the thing is, the gloves were those mitten style gloves, that turns into fingerless gloves when it's flapped over ;) ;) ;) .  Again I told myself I wouldn't take them off, but I ended up swatching on the backs of my fingers! Haha! Silly me! I know. 

One thing I have realised during the couple of years I've been into makeup is that I can go without makeup on any part of my face apart from my lips. Lipsticks manage to do something quite amazing to my face. When I add some colour to my lips, all of a sudden my entire face seems to brighten up and look wide awake! My ordinary looking lips look luscious and full. Perhaps that is the reason behind the obsession...!

Im the type of person who would love to wear all the colours of the rainbow on her lips, but I'm far too sensible and in reality I don't think I could or would be able to pull it off. I like my makeup to look natural and flattering, I want the colours to flourish on me and compliment my skintone. The colours i usually stick to are brown toned pinks and rosy shades. I love rocking a red lip but recently I have been in search of my perfect nude shade....

I know its out there, just waiting for me to see it and fall in eternal love with it... and then stock up. Oh nude lip oh nude lip! Where art thou oh nude lip? I want my nude lip to be like a dusky muted pink or a fleshtoned nude, I'll even settle with a browny nude, just something that will exude gorgeousness from my lips. Why oh why is it so difficult to find a nude lip colour that will work with the many conditions of my lips?

I hate the fact that I can't wear certain colours because of my hyperpigmented lips. Or else I'd be wearing those gorgeous light pinks and peachy nudes like Mac Angel, Hue, Velvet Teddy or Kind Sexy which would usually suit my complexion. Oh well what can you do eh?

After trying and trailing out different shades, textures and finishes, I know I prefer matte pigmented lipsticks, why? Because they cover the hyperpigmentation on my lips with their strong opaque colour and they last long! They don't have to be matte, just need to be really pigmented. Sometimes if I want a light tint I'll just dab a little on my lips, but if I want a stronger colour I'll swipe it on. I have tried some sheer colours with a glossy finish and I don't mind them, but in all honesty I'm not a lipgloss girl, I find lipgloss too sheer and too dressy. I think I have a total 3 lipgloss's only! 

I also have a decent collection of lipstains, love love lipstains, sooo longlasting and natural and kiss-proof. I dab dab my lip balm on after the lipstain has dried and voila! Soft transfer/smudge proof lips! 

In the near future I will be doing reviews and swatches of my lip collection, that will suit indian, olive, tanned, nc35, nc40, nc42 skintones, I know there are many people out there that are very versatile in their lip colour choices, they wear a spectrum of shades from brights to lights, so even if you are lighter or darker it may be interesting and helpful for you. I will do these reviews and swatches on my blog because it's what I like doing myself, I like searching for people of similar skintones and see what colours they can wear, hopefully we can help each other by sharing our likes and dislikes. Thank you for your time! 

Peace xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe