Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle 001 Review

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Hello guys, today I will be reviewing revlons lip butter in Pink Truffle 001. Revlons lip butters have been a massive hit in the beauty world and are loved for their creamy formulation and that pretty punch of colour. They come in a variety of shades, from reds, browns, pinks and plums and some really sheer shades too.


Revlon lip butter In Pink Truffle 001
The packaging is rather attractive, the casing is similar to the revlon Colorburst range with the quilted embossing but unlike the Colorburst, it's translucent and each a different colour according to the lip shade inside. And the casing lid covers most of the length of the lipstick, unlike normal lipstick lids which come down halfway.

Pink Truffle is a rosey pinky brown. Like the rest of the range its ever so slightly sheer. I thought these lip butters would be sheer like tinted lip balms but I'm quite surprised at how pigmented they actually are. They have a smooth glossy finish but aren't shimmery, well not this particular shade anyway.

Without flash pink truffle swatch
Pink Truffle swatch with flash
I love this shade, its so pretty and natural, just mimicking the colour of my own lips, they cover up any small dry patches too quite well. It also blends my lips pigmentation out well and leaves them looking and feeling smooth and plump. They are so creamy and so so buttery you feel like pressing your lips together constantly.

The longevity isn't too brilliant since it is a glossy finish and it does transfer really easily onto glasses and you will have to definitely reapply after eating and drinking. It will last around 2-3 hours in my opinion without any interferences, I should mention that I haven't noticed any smell from these.

For anyone who is nc40 and above this is a good subtle pinky brown that won't wash you out and will leave your lips looking natural and perfect. On my nc40 skin it's a subtle colour, not bright at all, which is how I like my natural lip colours, I'm glad I don't have to do any mixing around and can apply straight from the bullet. I've seen many people ranging from light to dark pull this colour off well. I really recommend it!!!! Great everyday colour!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe