Revlon matte lipstick in Mauve it over 003

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hi! I'm back with another review! It's Revlons matte lipstick in Mauve It Over 003. I should mention that I do like matte lipsticks quite a lot, as they cover the darker parts of hyperpigmentation on my top lip and give them full credit by making them look their full size and shape.

Revlons Matte lipstick in Mauve it over 003

Now Mauve it over is a nudish pink, people have said it's similar to MACS Velvet Teddy, I can't confirm this cause I haven't seen or used Velvet Teddy myself (Now I have! It most definitely is a DUPE. Link here ). Though I have seen it on someone who was light skinned and it looked ah-mazing on her. It was like THE ultimate way I wanted a lipstick to look on me, I loved her overall look. simple, clean makeup and the lipstick complimented her skin tone so well, it was a nude with just a hint of peach type of colour. Gorgeous!

Without flash
Like Cocoa craving it's a matte texture and can be tad drying and ever so slightly chalky, but lip balm or gloss will correct that. I should admit that it's not a colour that I'm confident to wear on it's own. Its a bit too pale for me...  When I have foundation on, it ties into my skin better, or when I line my lips, I can easily apply it and am rather impressed with the colour, it works out to be quite a good nude colour for me. Hence why I like it.

With flash
I think a NC40 person can wear this definitely, but because of my hyperpigmentation on and around my lips it's a tough one for me and I need a lipliner to make it work. In the swatches I've included, the top swatch on the hand is one swipe and the bottom is a few swipes.

If you have any questions please do ask. Peace..

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe