Revlon Matte Lipstick in Cocoa Craving 008 Review

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And the action finally begins! Assalamu alaykum guys! I apologise for my negligence! It's taking a long time to really kickstart this blog into full gear, I will get there soon eventually !

I'm going to do my first review today, the product that I will review is Revlons Matte Lipstick in the shade Cocoa Craving 008, when I first used this I fell in love with it almost instantly. It's a great great colour for tanned skin, so I just had to get this information out there asap! This lipstick was the final shove I needed to start this blog, since I had intended to start a blog quite a while back. It's Holy Grail status for me, my absolute perfect Go-to lipstick! No lip liner, no foundation, no faffing around, I just apply it straight from the tube.

Now onto the lipstick itself, it comes in a standard black lipstick tube and the lid has a clearplastic top. The colour is basically light brown with peachy undertones, quite like a peachy terracotta. It's not a very dark brown at all. It has a matte texture and can feel a little dry, but I always dab a little carmex lip-balm underneath, just enough so that it glides smoothly without compromising on the lipsticks pigmentation. It is quite pigmented but not so pigmented that it leaves a stain after removal like some strongly pigmented lipsticks do. The lasting power is good too, I'd say around 3-4 hours, though eating and drinking will affect lasting power and you may need to retouch. It does have the tendency to sit into fine lines but a little lip balm or gloss will fix that. It sometimes feels a little chalky due to the matte texture but it's nothing too bad just be sure to moisturise. I don't have anything seriously negative to say about it.
Revlon Matte Lipstick in Cocoa Craving 008

I'm between NC40 in mac, my face is different shades in different parts, due to hyperpigmentation. my cheeks are NC35, my forehead is NC40 and around my mouth is NC42 - NC43. It sucks ! so some colours that NC35's - NC40's can wear look daft on me. Cocoa Craving on me is a nice subtle colour, a peachy browny nude on me I'd say, though not entirely nude, it doesn't look bright or loud but meshes well with my skin tone and is really flattering. It also covers my top lips discolouration quite well. I don't need to use lipliner or any other colours to make it work. I love it! It suits me so nice and looks lovely against my golden yellow undertones.

Swatch without flash
I have added some pictures of swatches on my hand, though I should mention that the skin on my hands are lighter than my face, they are around NC30 - NC35. Weird but true :$ ! 

I bought it off the internet on eBay and if your lucky you can get it rather cheap! It's supposedly a dupe for MAC Taupe lipstick, I couldn't comment since I don't have it. But I've noticed that Cocoa Craving has become quite difficult to get hold of so you're better off with Taupe.


Swatch with flash 

I recommend this to Indian, tanned, olive skin, this may be your nude, or your everyday colour. I also think fair skinned people can wear this too if they are versatile with their lip colours.

I hope this was helpful to anyone, if you have any questions please let me know!

Peace! xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe