Mac Retro lipstick review and swatch

Friday, February 15, 2013

Heres another review for you guys.

Once upon a time, i was the type of girl who thought i could only wear one shade of lipstick and that no other colours (however much i liked them) would suit my indian skinor look good on me. It was those bricky browns... How naive i was. Thank God i have evolved! Since being into makeup and doing a fair amount of youtube watching and researching, I can admit that I CAN wear a variety of shades on my lips! I know there are many people out there that think the way i used to about makeup and like me are interested in wearing different lip colours. So i will be doing loads of lipstick reviews in the near future to help those people out!

I have tons of lipsticks, that are good colours for people with my skintone, they arent outrageous colours, i like to stick to the naturals, pinks, browns, reds and plums. Nothing neon bright or crazy.

Anyway this review is on macs satin lipstick in Retro. Like all other satins, its very pigmented and creamy. Its a rather difficult colour to describe, its definitely a dark colour, definitely falls into the 'browns'. And its one of those colours that i used to think was the only colour to suit me. Its a bricky brown with a little plummy-ness in it. Thats the only way i can describe it.

Its a good colour for tanned nc42 and above dark skintones, darker skintones can easily pull this off. It would be too dark for lighter skintones. Unless they were to dab it on lightly. I dont reach for this as much anymore, now that i know i can wear lighter prettier colours. But i do wear it as it is wearable for me, sometimes i dab it on, sometimes i swipe. It covers my hyperpigmentation well. Its very pigmented so it needs to be used cautiously and neatly.

Hope this was of help. Peace xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe