Mac Viva Glam III lipstick review and swatch

Friday, February 15, 2013


Im on a roll! 3 posts in one day!

This review is on Macs matte lipstick in Viva glam III. Its very very very pigmented, not drying unlike other mac mattes but very creamy and long lasting!

This is a dark dark dark lip colour!!! Darker than mac rebel! I would describe this lipstick as a dark burgundy maroon with brown in it. Use this with a steady hand. In fact I recommend using a lip brush to apply this colour and apply it in thin layers if you're not confident to go straight from the tube. Since its so pigmented it can and does smudge.


This is how I apply the lipstick - if I'm bothered (most of the time it's straight out the tube). I first make sure my lips are uber smooth, then I dab on a tiny bit of lip-balm. I then coat the lip brush with a little product and really work it into both of my lips as neat as possible, I really get the lipstick into my lips till it's stuck on like a stain. I coat some more product onto the lip brush and again work into my lips. I repeat these steps till I've reached my desired colour and intensity. I do blot lightly sometimes in between the layers. Lastly I neaten and perfect the edges.


Doing these steps helps stop the lipstick from bleeding and helps it last longer. As it's a matte it can look dry and dull, so I sometimes dab a tiny bit of gloss to the centre of my lips to make them look more alive and plump. Though I'm all for matte lips!

This colour is definitely a bold vampy colour on any skintone. Pair it with a simple face and simple bright eyes. Or with dark eyes for an actual vampy look! Maroons are classically a good choice of  colour for indian skintones, or tanned skintones, I am quite bored of that look and go for less dramatic dark colours but if it looks good on tanned nc40-42-43-44-45, it looks good! And I shouldn't disregard it! You can try and keep it modern with a simple eye makeup. But it's totally up to you!

Hope this was of help! Peace! Xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe