Mac Twig lipstick review

Friday, February 15, 2013


Long time no post! Oops! I've been very busy past couple of weeks, I do apologise for the lack of posts.

Anyway I'm going to review and swatch MACS lipstick in Twig for you. Twig is in the satin range of lipsticks in MAC. Very pigmented and creamy and lasts aaaages. I really like the satin range of lipsticks in MAC, a little goes a looong way. Such good quality.

Twig is a pink with a bit of brown in it. It has a some obvious mauviness to it too, and sometimes I notice a teeny weeny bit of reddish-ness to it. It's almost the same shade of my lips but a tad darker and pinker. It's a very natural pink lip colour on my nc40 - nc42 skin tone and covers my lip pigmentation very well. I've noticed it looks nicer on me when I have foundation on or else it looks a bit garish. I think people above NC35 can pull this off quite well.

From what I've gathered in other reviews on this lipstick colour is that it's classified as a dark colour, but it actually comes out quite light on me. Perhaps it's a dark colour for fairer skin tones but for warmer skin tones its a nice girly MLBB pink. I should mention that the camera quality isn't brilliant but you can tell how dark it looks in the tube compared to my hand swatches.

It's a very pretty colour, very wearable for warmer skin tones, I like it, but it's not a favourite at all, I don't reach for it much as it can look rather odd sometimes, like a little purple or fuchsia and I don't like it when certain pinks do that on me. It's not an in your face colour so its very safe for those out there who like to keep it subtle. Hope this was of help guys. Peace xx

31/05/15: New swatches with better camera quality!! You can really see the mauveiness better now!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe