Rimmels Kate Moss Lipstick in 08 swatches and review

Tuesday, May 07, 2013


Assalaamualaykum everyone! Peace to you all! The weather in ye old Britain is brilliant today! Just perfect! So so lovely! The cold really overstayed its welcome didn't it?

Im going to review Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in shade number 08 for you. First off I think the quality for these lipsticks are quite good for Rimmels standards, they've really upped their game with many of their products! I've never been fond of Rimmel but I'm getting impressed. Its a very creamy lipstick and has rather enough pigmentation in it. It also has a nice smell but this may not be good for those who don/t like scents in their cosmetics.

I also like the packaging, its quite sturdy and not plasticky. I think its quite sleek with the all black tube, with Kate Moss' signature in red and an engraved Rimmel London Crown on the top. I believe that the lid is magnetic also. So quite impressive!

It covers the hyperpigmentation on my lips just enough. It has a satin-y finish, also a little glossy which makes your lips look fuller and smoother. It has decent staying power, around 2-3 hours without eating or drinking. Id say its quite a good formula.

To describe the colour, its a nice dusky yet rosey pink. Very girly and very flattering. It goes well with my nc40 skin and I think people that are lighter than me will look so lovely and cute with this lip colour, its perfect for summer. And because of how pigmented it is darker skintones can pull this off nice as well! I just get away with wearing this lip colour without foundation on my skin. It can look a bit bright and light without any foundation but it looks much nicer when I do have foundation on, it seems to blend in seamlessly with my skintone and flatters it nicely.

Since it is a drugstore brand it obviously doesn't beat brands such as Mac, so I think a lip liner underneath this lipstick will help it last a lot longer, as it does have that drugstore creamy slidey quality to it.

Overall I am impressed with this lipstick, as I've never thought highly of Rimmels products, I have had Rimmel lipsticks in the past and not liked the formula at all but like I said they've really upped their game, pretty much the way the rest of the drugstore brands have done also. I do recommend this for tanned skintones. Hope this was helpful! Laters! Xx

Left swatch is 1 swipe, right swatch is a few swipes. Top pic is without flash and bottom pic is without.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe