Skincare Empties #2

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

During these empties missions that I've been doing, I have realised that it takes aaaaaages to finish makeup, especially when you're a minimal makeup type person and less is more is your mantra. Surprisingly I've found myself going through my skincare much quicker!


This is the second batch that I've collected and I'm dying to chuck these plastic bits and pieces away! In no specific order and again I must apologise for the lack of clarity, England is getting greyer by the day:


I guess we can start from the left:

- Global Beauty Care Vitamin C Cleansing Cloths.


I'm not a wipe person, never have been but I need some type of wet wipes near me when I'm applying makeup to clean my makeup laden fingers and for the rare times that I need to use it for quick emergency (or lazy) makeup removal. These have been meh, nothing special, not moist enough for my preference, picked these up from TK Maxx for a couple of quid. Though I did find that my skin was a little smoother and refined looking the next morning.... Hmmmm... Won't be repurchasing.

-Neutrogena Spot Stress Control Scrub.


I've raved about these before, containing a very decent amount of AHA's/BHA's these are excellent cheap chemical/physical exfoliants! Leave my skin so smooth when I use as a scrub/mask for 5 minutes.

-Boots Traditional Moisturising Cream with Vitamin A & E.


I have gone through many tubs of this stuff. My dry combination dehydrated skin loves this! I adore this for pre foundation prepped skin. Foundations (including mineral) glides onto my skin and makes my base look skin like and natural, just how I like it. I'm a little wary about the ingredients now, because it does contain mineral oil and some other stuff that I'm trying to stay clear of, because there is an ingredient out there that easily clogs my pores and causes tiny bumps and congestion and I don't know exactly what it is. So I'm not sure if I will repurchase this, I love this cream, at just under £3 for a big tub it's well worth it, I'm sad but I may just have to let it go.

-Nivea Pure and Natural Day and Night Cream


These were recommended by Salli Hughes, free from parabens, mineral oil etc, very cheap and quite moisturising but I'm not sure if it's emollient enough for my skin. It's like they stopped working and wouldn't quench my skins thirst. I could repurchase but again I didn't love them near the end. If you have normal skin you might enjoy these.

-Bravura London Hot Cloth Volcanic Mud Masque/Cleanser


This was okay, I read good reviews on the website but I found it kinda drying on my skin, used it up as a cleanser, nice herbally scent, contains some AHA's but it wasn't wow enough for my skin. Though I do like this brand in general, very affordable AHA/BHA selection and some good exfoliating toners and treatments. Worth to check it out.

-Nivea Soft Moisturiser


This was not enough at all for my dry dehydrated skin and contains mineral oil and was just too cheap and basic for my skin, used it up as hand cream, which was alright I guess. Cheap and basic, good for non fussy skin and normal skin.

-Carmex Cherry Lip Balm


HG. This is tube number 12,858,493,708. Lol enough said.

-The red perfume in the middle, bought randomly from Dubai. I don't know the name, wait let me check... Aah found it: 

Love U.  Eau de toilette... :D


Musky and sweet, reminds me of Cacharel Amor Amor.  What more can I say? Apart from that it's finished! 

-MAC Fix+ 


Decent moisture spray which I love using for prepping my skin before makeup, I very rarely use for after makeup/setting my face, because it makes me look greasy and it feels sticky (hello glycerine). Probably won't repurchase since I prefer my own concoction but will add to my back to MAC stash!

-Botanics All Bright Eye Refreshing Eye Roll On.


Used a handful of times and in the bin it goes, terrible under makeup, absolutely terrible! The metal ball is cooling but the actual gel bobbles up and gets bitsy and cakes up any makeup or concealer. Doesn't do much. Meh.

-Paulas Choice Clear Anti Redness Exfoliating Solution.


I like Paulas Choice Exfoliants, they do the job well. Generous trial size lasted me ages. But I prefer the 2% Skin Perfecting BHA Exfoliant, it's stronger and works better for me.

Last but not least...

-Al Rehab Lovely EDP 35ml


Ah this perfume, just smelling it now makes me happy...! Such a lovely scent, goes with its' name! It's sweet but not overly sweet, it's floral but not overly floral, it's musky but not overly musky. It's just lovely. I don't like strong floral frangrance but this one isn't strong or harsh. It's a delicate Summer/Spring scent, but the strength is perfect, enough to get noticed. You don't need a lot and the frangrance lingers. It's such a pretty scent. Pure loveliness. Can be bought from Islamic Stores and very affordable. Definite repurchase. 

That's it folks. Until next time! Sorry for the lack of posts, been incredibly busy. 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe