Beauty Cleanse & Mission Empties September 2015

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I have so many beauty products littered here and there. I open so many at a time and it takes me forever to finish them! And I don't need to mention how much space it has taken up in my beauty cupboard. During my break from Instagram I became really distant from the beauty world and it gave me a different yet refreshing view of beauty and products and how we get so engrossed with the latest trend, how we need to try this or need to own that. I looked at my skincare cupboard and looked into my makeup drawer and was disturbed at how much stuff I had accumulated over the past few years, and how much money I had spent in this department (cringe). I thought realistically and asked myself how often I used them and whether I gave each product equal use. I realised I had favourites and habits that I stuck to more often than not. I no longer wanted to own soooo many things in the name of beauty. I wanted to find a regimen and stick to it, I wanted to find a routine and be tactful with it. I wanted a small yet effective collection of makeup. Things that I know work with me a 100% (because I AM fussy). And so I decided to start a beauty cleanse. Yes I am a beauty lover and I'll always appreciate the vastness and variety of this world but I want to be more practical now and not so greedy. Simplicity is truly so beautiful but we are blinded by the shallow luxuries of this world. I will always try new things because there are areas in beauty where I haven't found my Holy Grails yet but I'll make sure I've finished other products first before moving on to another. Do not worry my passion will not wither away. I will still try and write, blog and share my products and beauty knowledge with the very same zeal!

This is the first batch of products I've used up and before I bin them I want to give you a brief review on them and how I got along with them.


Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix- This is such an old tub! When I first dabbled into the glorious world of chemical exfoliants I picked this up. I really wanted to love it but there was something about it that I found a bit irritating and strong. I'd wake up the next morning with a little red rash like bumps, maybe it's the alcohol in it not sure but I won't repurchase. I personally think there are better more effective chemical exfoliants out there.

Soap & Glory Body Mist- This was part of a trio and they all smelt devine but I absolutely hate hate the packaging, you can't grab it with one hand and spray at the same time because your fingers and grasp will slip up and away. Especially if you've got any cream or product on your fingers. You have to grab the bottle with one hand and press down the spritzer with the other and it still tries to slip away. Gorgeous fragrances but grrrr packaging!

Boots Time Delay Micellar Cleansing Water- I have a review on this in my cleansing skincare routine post. Decent Micellar water. Probably would repurchase but there are so many options for Micellar water out there now, also I prefer to wash/cleanse my face at the sink now. 

The Body Shop Vitamin E Mist- This stuff is really refreshing and falls so delicately and evenly on the skin. Quick gentle moisture burst when you need it. I use it to top up my moisture, not enough for me on its own.

The Body Shop Madagascan Vanilla Body Mist- If you like vanilla and dusky soft fragrances you'll love this, does last a decent time too!

ELF HD Powder- Great HD powder for the price but wasn't fond of the whitish cast it left on my tan skin. Can be tad drying if overdone. Fills in pores and fine lines reeeeallly nicely and gives a nice soft focus effect. Would look into the yellow one next.

Soap & Glory Beauty Sleep Accelerator Night and Flight Miracle Moisture- I have a review of this in my Skincare Routine post on Moisturisers. Great deeply hydrating and emollient, little goes a long way, lasts forever! I might actually repurchase this since I enjoyed using it and it helped hydrate and moisturise during the night!

Next L'eau Rose Perfume- Lovely delicate floral rose scent, not too 'rose-y' or old lady like.

No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Facial Sun Protection SPF 50- Gosh this wasn't finishing! And it still isn't finished I'm binning it because I just find it tooooo thick and greasy! They say a tube has 20 uses but omg believe me I've used this soooooo many times, I can't understand how you can use a recommended teaspoon of this stuff over your face, it's that greasy! And in the description on the tube it says it's a light non greasy finish! I don't think so! Won't be repurchasing!

Garnier Moisture Match Moisture + Nourish Dry to Very Dry Skin- Won't be repurchasing, highly fragranced, thick but isn't emollient enough for my dehydrated prone skin, I feel like it's too thick and doesn't moisturise enough for me! Odd because this is for really dry skin, when I wash my face I can feel it come off and my skin still feels dry underneath! I've tried the blue Softening version and that works much better on my skin, I find the blue one really softening and a little goes a long way. If I wasn't avoiding mineral oil I would get and use the blue one.

Cacharel Amor Amor Perfume- If you love deep sultry sweet and spicy fragrances you will love this one! Enjoyed using this thoroughly! Would repurchase if I wasn't trying to finish my 100's of bottles of perfume!

So that's my empties so far, there are so many more to come! Keep your eyes peeled. See you soon beauty lovers! Big smooch!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe