Maybelline Intense Ink Matte Eye Liner and theBalm Schwing Eye Liner review

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I picked up these two eyeliners and am in loooove. I was looking for a matte black thin nibbed eyeliner and these two were the ones I discovered from a few followers on Instagram.


Top swatch is Maybelline, bottom is the Schwing
Note: there is a flash shadow under the Schwing liner making it look thicker but it's not, it's as thin as the Maybelline one.

They are black, MATTE, very thin nibbed and they dry super fast! Which is exactly what I was looking for. I needed it to be black, matte and the nib to be thin. If I didn't find an eyeliner with exactly these specs I wasn't going to buy it. They're not as long lasting as gel liners but I wasn't looking for or worried about longevity. They do smudge so if you want to smudge it out to create a smokier look you can! But if you need it to last then you might not want to get these as they're not totally waterproof either.

I'm a total amateur when it comes to eyeliner and really only do thin lines along my top lash line which are barely visible and it defines my eyes nicely and makes it look rounder and more doe eyed, it also makes my lashes look thicker. I always get asked by people if I have eyeliner on and how I do it because of the enhancements it gives my eyes. It's my signature eyeliner line lol!

Thick wings don't really suit me if it's not the right shape and I struggle with getting identical wings anyway lol! There is a proper science and theory when it comes to doing winged eyeliner on my eyes (as is with everyone else), if done correctly it transforms my eyes nicely (elongates and enlarges making my eyes look twinkly and bright) but if it's not done right then it's just a standard wing that doesn't do any good or bad to my eyes. I'm fussy I know! But that's just what makeup is to me, it's science and art for enhancing faces and features.

That's why I need my eyeliner to be thin nibbed so I can get as close to my lash line as poss and do my signature thin line with as much control as possible. I also don't like shiny finishes on my eyeliner, black and matte is my preference!

I got the Schwing liner for around £9 on Feel Unique and it's originally rrp £15 ish. The Maybelline one is rrp £4.99 and they are both excellent. Almost identical. Both nibs are really thin, they both dry really fast, both the same shade of black. The only difference I've noticed is that the Schwing ink is different than the Maybelline one, when I washed the swatches with just water, I saw that the Schwing left a blueish stain, Maybelline didn't. I would have thought they were identical if it wasn't for the stain.

I like them both equally so I definitely recommend them both! The Maybelline is an absolute bargain at a fiver! Love love love!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. An eyeliner pencil sharpener—also known as a cosmetic sharpener, eye makeup pencil sharpener, or a makeup pencil sharpener—is a dual-blade sharpener built specifically for sharpening eyeliner and other makeup sticks to the perfect point.
    maybelline eyeliner price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe