No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Bare review and swatches

Thursday, April 25, 2013


I have another review for you! Its No7's Moisture drench lipstick in Bare.

The packaging is black and it looks quite mature and sensible but sophisticated none the less. Its made out of plastic so it's not really all that strong, I have another moisture drench lipstick and the lid had a crack in it so it comes off rather easily. This lipstick is meant to be quite hydrating and I would agree that it is, but I don't know if its just my tube, but this can be a little chalky in texture and this in turn affects the pigmentation and longevity. I would say this comes across as a sheer - medium coverage lipstick.


The shade Bare is basically a browny sandy nude shade. Its quite brown but as the name suggests it is probably meant to be a nudey shade. On my nc35 nc40 nc42 skin, just on it's own it does look a little muddy and dull on me, a bit grey brown and that muddiness looks a bit corpsey on me. I do like this lip shade but it's not one of the best and I don't really reach out for this shade that much to be honest. Its a good shade to wear to the beach as it has that sandy sunkissed nudiness to it.

Another reason why I don't reach out for it is that once I've applied this colour onto my lips, I get this line of white chalky residue along the inside of my lips. Iv never come across this with any other lipstick that I've used in the past but only this lipstick reacts like that. So after a little while, say 5-10 minutes I'll notice this strange line on the inside rim of my lips, rather unattractive! And it's chalky, i can only really scrape it off with my nails which leads me to taking off all the lipstick on my lips. Strange. Has anyone ever come across a reaction like that? Does anyone know what that white line is?

Also I feel as if there is something wrong with this particular lipstick tube, I think the pigmentation of this lipstick is lacking and the texture quite chalky for a No7 product and since I have another moisture drench lipstick I can compare. see my friend also has this and I have tried hers and the texture is fine as well as the pigmentation, though I cant recall whether it leaves that same white rim. I was quite surprised at how much better her tube looked and felt on me than my own tube!

I do like to mix this lipstick with other lip products though and I get good results. I like to use this on top of a lipstick which I think is a bit bright and this lipstick helps tone it down and makes it look more natural. I know that No7 do this same shade in there Perfect Wear range and I have tested it out before and I do prefer the texture and look much better than the Moisture Drench version and I do intend of purchasing it later once Im fed up with this one. I do like the lipstick shade but since I may have a dodgy tube my judgement is a little off.

I do think this is a good shade for women of colour in general but I do recommend testing it out first and I also would suggest that if you are interested in this particular shade you should check out the Bare in the Perfect Wear range and do a comparison of which one you prefer. In the swatches the top swipe is swiping lightly once and the bottom swipe is a few swipes. I hope this was helpful. Peace xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe