No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Shiny Conker review and swatches

Wednesday, April 24, 2013


Hey guys, peace to you all. I'll be doing yet another lipstick review for you guys. It's No7's moisture drench lipstick in Shiny Conker.

The packaging is No7's simple, slightly classical looking black tube. Its made from plastic and the lid for my lipstick has a crack in it so it comes off rather easily. Tiny bit tacky, but it's the inside product we're interested in right?


To describe the colour, I'd say it's a bricky browny red with a little coral in it, or a proper terracotta colour. It's quite a strong and pigmented lipstick, and I should say the quality of this lipstick is very good. Which is what we expect from No7 products since they're so overpriced?!? The longevity depends on how much is applied and what techniques were used. Since it's a moisturising lipstick, too much product use will cause smudging and it will slide around and transfer very easily. But I've noticed from using, it's quite pigmented, just one layer is fine.

On my nc35 nc40  nc42 skin it is a bricky red. It's a bright lipstick colour but once its applied onto the lips (just one layer) it doesn't look crazy bright but quite muted. I think it's the brown in the lipstick which helps tone it down.


I don't wear the full works of makeup most days. And those days where I just want (need) some colour on my lips I find myself grabbing this quite often. I really really really love this lipstick, it's such a great everyday colour for me. I have actually hidden it away in the past because I end up picking that one so often. I actually don't use a lot of it, all I do is tap it gently on both my lips and it deposits just a tint of the lipstick on my lips making it look ever so natural, like it's the natural flush of my lips. Honestly there is something about this shade that really brightens up my complexion. It literally makes me look so wide awake and fresh. Which is why I like grabbing this one on my no makeup days. Just the use of this lipstick makes me look so reasonably decent even though I don't have another speck of makeup on. And as I mentioned in 'my love for lipsticks post' my lips can be quite pale and dull but once there is some colour on my lips my whole face just brightens up like I've had a facial! I don't feel the need for any other makeup on my face but just a little lipstick just does wonders for my face. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first lipstick I use up.

In my opinion this is such a versatile colour I think any skintone can wear this, paler people might want to use a light hand or wear it as a bold lip. And darker skintones can easily pull this off as an everyday colour. But for those in between medium/tanned skin people like me its such a great colour, so very flattering and we can easily go as light or dark as we want. I've seen this on a caucasian and it looked natural on her since caucasians usually have naturally pink lips.

Overall I definitely recommend this lipstick for indian / tanned skins, it will brighten up your complexion so nicely. In the swatches provided the top picture is without flash and the bottom is with flash. The top swipe swatch is how I apply it on my lips for the natural flush/tint and the bottom swatch is actual swipes of the lipstick. Hope this was helpful. X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe