Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Crimson Review and swatches

Monday, April 08, 2013


Hey people! Hope you guys are all good. Today I'll be reviewing and swatching Revlons Colorburst Lipstick in Crimson for you.

I first saw this lipstick in a magazine, Jessica Alba had it on and I remember looking at it and thinking ''wow that red looks gorgeous!''. So I hopped onto my computer and bought it!

Like I mentioned in my review for the Rosy Nude shade of this lipstick, the packaging is really nice, embossed quilted plastic. With the colour of the lipstick on top of the lid it's easily noticeable. I've noticed that with both of my revlon colorburst lipsticks the lipstick has tilted and squished on to one side. Making the lipstick tube look a bit messy inside, and since I'm a neat freak this does bother me but it aint too big of a problem. I think this is because of the creamy texture of the lipstick.


I'm sure many of you have done this also, in my early days of makeup I was on a quest to find my perfect shade of red, since many of the common drugstore red lipsticks had too much pink in them and didn't really POP on my lips. So when I saw this on latino skinned Jessica Alba I thought it looked promising!

As the name implies the lipstick is a pure Crimson shade. It's a deep bright blood red, I've experimented with this lipstick and I've noticed that if it is applied lightly it appears quite a pinky red tint. But when applied properly its a deep red.

The texture of this lipstick is veeeery creamy so it's not very long lasting. It's also very pigmented. This does have a tendency to slide around a lot, and easily transfers onto anything that's pressed to the lips. Because of the creamy slidy texture this will smudge rather easily, so preparations should be made to ensure a somewhat good longevity of the lipstick. Try to apply in layers and blot between each application. Also applying too much will affect the longevity. It has a shiny finish so you won't need any gloss.


This is a good shade for tanned skins if you're looking for a deep red lipstick to wear, apart from that ANYBODY can wear this shade of red. It really suits my nc35 nc40 nc42 skin. Since I've been experimenting with makeup I've realised that I can wear quite a variety of shades of red. From cool reds to deep reds. This particular shade of red is a deep blood red on my skintone. Very flattering for tanned and dark skinned people. I recommend this lipstick to everyone.

In the swatches I've provided the top swatch is swiped once whilst the bottom is swiped a few times.

Hope this helps guys !!! X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe